News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

MK Banned? Now featuring: Arguements about competitive play.

Started by Playat, November 06, 2008, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should MK be banned from tournies?

Yes
8 (22.9%)
NO
27 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Eizweir

I wonder how he does in 'Melee 2.0"
I say yes, but we should wait a little longer, I guess.  :|
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Eizweir

Please excuse the double post, but the SBR  has released their official view on this.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206925
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Nayrman

Quote from: Marth Xero on November 26, 2008, 09:26:12 AM
Please xcuse the douhble post, but the SBR  has releases their official view on this.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206925

So no official ban yet it's open to tournament leaders on wether or not to ban him if they feel it's a good idea.
Fair enough I suppose.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Dawei on November 24, 2008, 09:01:36 PM
Quote from: PLAYAT on November 24, 2008, 08:24:51 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on November 24, 2008, 06:36:21 PM
Quote from: shadowmarioguy on November 24, 2008, 03:41:53 PM
Banning a character just because he's hard to beat?  To me, that just screams out, "Sore loser!"  Being beat by a Meta Knight user and then trying to argue that it's cheap to use Meta Knight is just ridiculous.  I thought most people were mature enough to fix their problems instead of making excuses.  If you hacked the game to get a secret character that no one else could use, that's a different story.  If Nintendo put him in the game, everyone has an equal chance to use him and/or master him.  Instead of trying to get Meta Knight banned, try practicing so you can defeat Meta Knight users when the time comes to do so.
it's not our fault the game is horribly unbalanced. X_X;;

Horribly unbalanced?
Nayr, don't even try to explain. You'll be wasting your time.
If you're on nsider all the time you might as well.  Kicking out meta would just make things easier.  People who say a character is cheap or broken just make excuses like that when they lose.  they probably wouldn't call meta cheap if they beat him, i don't know.  I really don't care.  People who go beserk because they said the character was cheap are just losers.  Horribly unbalanced?  Ha, not much has changed since melee.  brawl's got less speed in combat than melee.  everybody forget how cheap melee was. 
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

EnergyKnight

Quick question, what exactly makes Meta-Knight so cheap? This is serious because I've played against him a lot of times and I don't see anything cheap about him.

Also, call me Jim

tollhouse2006

Quote from: EnergyKnight on November 26, 2008, 11:46:24 AM
Quick question, what exactly makes Meta-Knight so cheap? This is serious because I've played against him a lot of times and I don't see anything cheap about him.
Glad you asked. there are stupid people who abuse him like in these videos. spamming should die.  takes all the fun away.  people who spam to win i think lack character and should not even bother playing.  anybody can do it so why should spamming make them good players?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDf1oK8iVCo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEQHqLa6xnw

EnergyKnight

That's bad but not bad enough to ban him. I've seen a couple of characters do infinate grabs. And just watch out for his Tornado.

Also, call me Jim

Red

Quote from: EnergyKnight on November 26, 2008, 12:18:12 PM
That's bad but not bad enough to ban him. I've seen a couple of characters do infinate grabs. And just watch out for his Tornado.
Do you play good MKs? If you did, you'd know how frustrating it is...

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Red on November 26, 2008, 12:21:38 PM
Quote from: EnergyKnight on November 26, 2008, 12:18:12 PM
Do you play good MKs? If you did, you'd know how frustrating it is...
True, but people are making it a bigger deal than it is.  Banning meta knight is just stupid

HTA!

Fricken Scrubs.
Listen children, here's how it goes down.

MK has priority over almost all aerial moves.
MK can spam his tornado to victory if he wanted to.
Up-B can kill at insanely low percentages.
Recovery is godlike.
He is winning almost every tournament, even against some of the world's best players like Futile and Dook (don't quote me on the Dook part).
He can be picked up by anyone, making the idea of working with a character to get good obsolete.

I could go on but the audacity of your above statements has astounded me.

And does no one (of the 3 above) remember that he ALREADY had an advanced technique banned from play?
D.I.C.K was banned from competitive play because it makes MK INVINCIBLE.
It is impossible to hit him, impossible to tell where he is, and a good MK can stall out a match with it if he so desires.

Forget all of your Brawls with your friends. Few here can actually testify to have played a world class smasher, and if they had then it would become apparent that MK is indeed broken.

And Tollhouse, you are a massive failure.  :|
Melee > Brawl in both fairness and in roster balance. (Not to mention in gameplay. :P)

Nayrman

Quote from: HTA on November 26, 2008, 01:41:54 PM
Fricken Scrubs.
Listen children, here's how it goes down.

MK has priority over almost all aerial moves.
MK can spam his tornado to victory if he wanted to.
Up-B can kill at insanely low percentages.
Recovery is godlike.
He is winning almost every tournament, even against some of the world's best players like Futile and Dook (don't quote me on the Dook part).
He can be picked up by anyone, making the idea of working with a character to get good obsolete.

I could go on but the audacity of your above statements has astounded me.

And does no one (of the 3 above) remember that he ALREADY had an advanced technique banned from play?
D.I.C.K was banned from competitive play because it makes MK INVINCIBLE.
It is impossible to hit him, impossible to tell where he is, and a good MK can stall out a match with it if he so desires.

Forget all of your Brawls with your friends. Few here can actually testify to have played a world class smasher, and if they had then it would become apparent that MK is indeed broken.

And Tollhouse, you are a massive failure.  :|
Melee > Brawl in both fairness and in roster balance. (Not to mention in gameplay. :P)
at least the top five in that game had a decent shot of beating eachother.
Friendly matches are fine and all, but I've played a near pro-level smasher who uses Metaknight (He's a pal of mine).
I've only beaten him once, with Snake of course. Sad part is, he picked up Metaknight the DAY before a tournament, and came in second....only to a Metaknight player who had used him longer. Just illustrating the point.

phatyo

No, but people used to want to do that with Peach in SMBM :/

EnergyKnight

He has a banned move? I didn't even know that. I still don't think that he should be banned.

Your right I've never fought a full fledged Meta user. But I do believe that every character is beatable no matter how cheap the character is. They are pro for a reason. They need to understand the opponents moves and strategies for that character. If it's Meta-Knight you should expect the Tornado and Grabbing so you should get ready for it and have a strategy to counter it.

Don't get so angry at other people opinions and don't call others scrubs just because of a difference in thoughts. It's very.... childlike. In the nicest way I can put it.

P.S. Most of his moves are easy to block. Even when he is in Tornado, he can be hit. His air is harder, but still posible. You just have to use your arsenal.

Also, call me Jim

Nayrman

Quote from: EnergyKnight on November 26, 2008, 02:33:24 PM
He has a banned move? I didn't even know that. I still don't think that he should be banned.

Your right I've never fought a full fledged Meta user. But I do believe that every character is beatable no matter how cheap the character is. They are pro for a reason. They need to understand the opponents moves and strategies for that character. If it's Meta-Knight you should expect the Tornado and Grabbing so you should get ready for it and have a strategy to counter it.

Don't get so angry at other people opinions and don't call others scrubs just because of a difference in thoughts. It's very.... childlike. In the nicest way I can put it.

P.S. Most of his moves are easy to block. Even when he is in Tornado, he can be hit. His air is harder, but still posible. You just have to use your arsenal.
You can't do anything agains the tornado though because the second you take away your shield you're screwed...
And his banned move has been around for a while now.... X_X;;

EnergyKnight

Quote from: Nayrman on November 26, 2008, 02:39:51 PM
Quote from: EnergyKnight on November 26, 2008, 02:33:24 PM

You can't do anything agains the tornado though because the second you take away your shield you're screwed...
And his banned move has been around for a while now.... X_X;;

Yeah. I kinda fail at that stuff. I don't look at all the pro stuff because I'm no where close to their level and I know it. They are to good. But I have hit Meta-Knight, and killed him, with Kirby's Hammer move through the Tornado. Just aim towards the top. I know that sounds wierd seeing as the top is the biggest but it works.

Also, call me Jim