News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

MK Banned? Now featuring: Arguements about competitive play.

Started by Playat, November 06, 2008, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should MK be banned from tournies?

Yes
8 (22.9%)
NO
27 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

HTA!

Quote from: EnergyKnight on November 26, 2008, 02:33:24 PM
He has a banned move? I didn't even know that. I still don't think that he should be banned.

Your right I've never fought a full fledged Meta user. But I do believe that every character is beatable no matter how cheap the character is. They are pro for a reason. They need to understand the opponents moves and strategies for that character. If it's Meta-Knight you should expect the Tornado and Grabbing so you should get ready for it and have a strategy to counter it.

Don't get so angry at other people opinions and don't call others scrubs just because of a difference in thoughts. It's very.... childlike. In the nicest way I can put it.

P.S. Most of his moves are easy to block. Even when he is in Tornado, he can be hit. His air is harder, but still posible. You just have to use your arsenal.

His opinions are wrong.
Quite frankly, so are yours.

EnergyKnight

You can say an opinion is wrong, but without a fact all you are doing is being a straight-up jerk.

I really don't want to argue about this seeing as I don't even really have a choose in the matter so sorry that you can't see it from my angle.

Also, call me Jim

HTA!

Quote from: EnergyKnight on November 26, 2008, 02:54:30 PM
You can say an opinion is wrong, but without a fact all you are doing is being a straight-up jerk.

I really don't want to argue about this seeing as I don't even really have a choose in the matter so sorry that you can't see it from my angle.

Fact: MK is overpowered in the hands of a pro.
Fact: Pros have fought for his banning
Fact: The tactics you guys describe, and your experiences with the game, mean nil.

Have a nice day then.  :)

Ridley

The only move I have hit him with while he was tornadoing was the laser and that is for obvious reasons. Also the pros are the ones who are losing money because they get beat by an MK user who just picked him up. Even MK mains at the smashboards say he is unfair. Anyway they are just banning him from tournaments so it won't even affect the majority of us here.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Dawei

MK has no bad matchups. That means, he is always the dominant pick in double blind matches. No matter who they choose, you are at an advantage. There goes 1/3 matches needed to win the set.
Most people have an alternate for tourney play for the sake of counter picks. MK mains don't need to worry about one since he has the advantage and you are better off just sticking with mk.
Next, we bring you a special announcement.

NO ONE SAYS MK IS FUCKING UNBEATABLE
He's perfectly beatable. It's just such an uphill battle that it's almost futile to even try cause you have to be darn good in the matchup with almost any character to win.
Best MK vs best Lucario
Spamming sucks ass. Anyone that complains about mk spamming should gtfo, it's no reason to ban him. That is a vid of mk at his [current] top level, and it involves raping. HTA covered most of what makes mk so amazing, but if you still have complaints, I can go over them.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: HTA on November 26, 2008, 01:41:54 PM
Fricken Scrubs.
Listen children, here's how it goes down.

MK has priority over almost all aerial moves.
MK can spam his tornado to victory if he wanted to.
Up-B can kill at insanely low percentages.
Recovery is godlike.
He is winning almost every tournament, even against some of the world's best players like Futile and Dook (don't quote me on the Dook part).
He can be picked up by anyone, making the idea of working with a character to get good obsolete.

I could go on but the audacity of your above statements has astounded me.

And does no one (of the 3 above) remember that he ALREADY had an advanced technique banned from play?
D.I.C.K was banned from competitive play because it makes MK INVINCIBLE.
It is impossible to hit him, impossible to tell where he is, and a good MK can stall out a match with it if he so desires.

Forget all of your Brawls with your friends. Few here can actually testify to have played a world class smasher, and if they had then it would become apparent that MK is indeed broken.

And Tollhouse, I am a massive failure.  :|
Melee > Brawl in both fairness and in roster balance. (Not to mention in gameplay. :P)
Are you kidding it's the slowed down speed in brawl that makes it more fair than melee.  why do you think sakurai designed brawl more for beginners than in melee.  If you're gonna call me a massive failure why don't you support your opinion by explaining your logic instead of giving a poor inequality.   
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Dawei

The speed in melee made it for fun and exciting. There wasn't anything unfair about it.

Nayrman

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on November 26, 2008, 04:29:02 PM
Quote from: HTA on November 26, 2008, 01:41:54 PM
Fricken Scrubs.
Listen children, here's how it goes down.

MK has priority over almost all aerial moves.
MK can spam his tornado to victory if he wanted to.
Up-B can kill at insanely low percentages.
Recovery is godlike.
He is winning almost every tournament, even against some of the world's best players like Futile and Dook (don't quote me on the Dook part).
He can be picked up by anyone, making the idea of working with a character to get good obsolete.

I could go on but the audacity of your above statements has astounded me.

And does no one (of the 3 above) remember that he ALREADY had an advanced technique banned from play?
D.I.C.K was banned from competitive play because it makes MK INVINCIBLE.
It is impossible to hit him, impossible to tell where he is, and a good MK can stall out a match with it if he so desires.

Forget all of your Brawls with your friends. Few here can actually testify to have played a world class smasher, and if they had then it would become apparent that MK is indeed broken.

And Tollhouse, I am a massive failure.  :|
Melee > Brawl in both fairness and in roster balance. (Not to mention in gameplay. :P)
Are you kidding it's the slowed down speed in brawl that makes it more fair than melee.  why do you think sakurai designed brawl more for beginners than in melee.  If you're gonna call me a massive failure why don't you support your opinion by explaining your logic instead of giving a poor inequality.   
the "Made it more for beginners" automatically makes this statement fail. I know Nintendo loves to intercourse  over the hardcore by trying to make everything "accessable" but this game is DESIGNED for hardcore. Trying to simplify/correct a formula that was perfectly fine to begin with is the main problem. (why change the dodge wavedashing didn't break the game or anything)
Boy I'm in a ranty mood today....

Macawmoses

Quote from: EnergyKnight on November 26, 2008, 02:46:21 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on November 26, 2008, 02:39:51 PM
Quote from: EnergyKnight on November 26, 2008, 02:33:24 PM
He has a banned move? I didn't even know that. I still don't think that he should be banned.

Your right I've never fought a full fledged Meta user. But I do believe that every character is beatable no matter how cheap the character is. They are pro for a reason. They need to understand the opponents moves and strategies for that character. If it's Meta-Knight you should expect the Tornado and Grabbing so you should get ready for it and have a strategy to counter it.

Don't get so angry at other people opinions and don't call others scrubs just because of a difference in thoughts. It's very.... childlike. In the nicest way I can put it.

P.S. Most of his moves are easy to block. Even when he is in Tornado, he can be hit. His air is harder, but still posible. You just have to use your arsenal.
You can't do anything agains the tornado though because the second you take away your shield you're screwed...
And his banned move has been around for a while now.... X_X;;

Yeah. I kinda fail at that stuff. I don't look at all the pro stuff because I'm no where close to their level and I know it. They are to good. But I have hit Meta-Knight, and killed him, with Kirby's Hammer move through the Tornado. Just aim towards the top. I know that sounds wierd seeing as the top is the biggest but it works.
Yeah, but 70 times out of 100, MK will beat Kirby. That's ignoring his banned move, among other things.

StarWindWizard7

Honestly, if any of you people (wont say any names), even fought a Pro level MK, do you think
that your still gonna feel that he's that.........

Ugh!
*sighs*

MK, shouldn't be ban'd. He really shouldn't.... it's just that fighting him is extremely difficult.
Especially if Pro Smashers have problems OR Lose to him.
What makes you think that you can beat him any easier?

The spamming.........well, I remember saying this.

No matter how you win, as long AS you win thats the most important thing.
Whether it be spamming arrows, or spamming MK's Tornadoes for example, if it gets you to the top
then so be it.
(I haven't even noticed it, but didn't Sakurai said that if you keep doing the same moves over and over again
after 1 another decreases the damage?) I guess it doesn't matter, the Impact is still there.

Thing is, if you are at a tournament and you Spammed your way to win...
lol I can imagine all those people give you such the dirty look/evil eye (not to mention some harsh words) :D
Thing is, would/could you spam your way to victory, or would you try to mix your attacks up?

Anyway, regardless.
What HTA, Nary, and Dave say are 100% Correct.
IMO

QingXin

After all the MK "pro's" that I've seen, they all basically play the same... I think that all Metaknight players can be predictable (somewhat)... But don't take my word on it, just a guess :| :|

And no, Metaknight shouldn't be banned... He's not unbeatable (I don't need to say why... Just look at the 9 billion posts above me ;) ) and he's a cute puffball knight :3 :3

DededeCloneChris

Seems people in the whole world have forgotten about items totally, why can't we have matches with items? It adds the fun to that and...tiers would pretty much be useless then.

Dawei

Because items are random and destroy anything competitive.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Dawei on November 27, 2008, 11:11:57 AM
So...what could happen if you only set Mr. Saturns? :D

Nayrman

Quote from: wiiboychris on November 27, 2008, 11:35:41 AM
Quote from: Cogs on November 27, 2008, 11:11:57 AM
So...what could happen if you only set Mr. Saturns? :D
No one would use them so what would be the point of setting them?
0 - point is here

0- you are here