News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Metroid is Dead.

Started by Jono2, January 17, 2009, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jono2

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on January 27, 2009, 11:16:38 PM
I'm all for more 2D Metroid, but no more intercourse ing Speed Booster. Ever.

I loved Speed Booster in Super Metroid D:

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Commander Awesome

Quote from: Jono2 on January 17, 2009, 04:33:54 PM
You heard it here first.

Supporting Points:

-Since the release of MP3, there have been absolutely no further announcements about a new metroid game.  Following both MP and MP2, we knew there were more coming. 

Welcome to the 1994-2002, Comrade.

-not only have they not announced a new game, they haven't even talked about Metroid, excluding Brawl.

See above.

-MP3 was not a financial success in comparison to other games in the series.

Gee, wonder why.

-It's been a year and 4 months since MP3 was released, and no word.  This screams "Super Metroid Hibernation" to me.

Above, yet again.

-Retro Studios has announced that they want to work on other things besides Metroid.  If Nintendo wanted to continue making metroid games, they would have to look somewhere else.

Or, you know, they could make the bloody games themselves. Shocking, I know. Nintendo doing something?

Unless we hear about metroid at E3 this year, be prepared to wait 6 or more years for the next installment.

I'll be waiting.

Quote from: Jono2 on January 27, 2009, 11:21:54 PM

I loved Speed Booster in Super Metroid D:
Isn't Metroid unless I can shinespark and sequence break to my heart's content.

Jono2

Uhh, are you supporting my point?  My overall point is that Metroid is dead, and it will be revived when they need it, which will likely be years from now.  That seems to be what you were saying.

Zero

And here I was under the impression that Metroid: Zero Mission was a remake of the original.

Jono2

Quote from: Zero on January 28, 2009, 09:04:37 AM

And here I was under the impression that Metroid: Zero Mission was a remake of the original.

it is, but the story sense (though it is very little) is Samus telling the story to someone else.  This takes place at an untold place in time.

Zero

Why you all are trying to make sense of a plot from the same company that created Zelda is beyond me.

Jono2

Quote from: Zero on January 28, 2009, 09:44:58 AM
Why you all are trying to make sense of a plot from the same company that created Zelda is beyond me.

metroid has an official timeline, and the events of the series link together in order though.  in Legend of Zelda, nothing goes together. There is only one samus.  there are what, 6 different Links?

Metroid's official timeline is wrong (in my opinion) but I take most of it to be true.

Titus Andronicus

D:

Without the speed booster, one cannot sequence break at all in Fusion (well, unless you're really good with missles, because I wasted all 250 and still couldn't get rid of that gosh darn spike ball creature). Speed booster is a mustttttt.
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Jono2

Quote from: SolidSNK on January 28, 2009, 10:03:58 AM
D:

Without the speed booster, one cannot sequence break at all in Fusion (well, unless you're really good with missles, because I wasted all 250 and still couldn't get rid of that gosh darn spike ball creature). Speed booster is a mustttttt.

you can't sequence break fusion unless you're using an emulator, and that's only to skip Bob.

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: Jono2 on January 28, 2009, 10:15:29 AM
Quote from: SolidSNK on January 28, 2009, 10:03:58 AM
D:

you can't sequence break fusion unless you're using an emulator, and that's only to skip Bob.
I was really only referring to the secret message. That's as close as you're gonna get.

Commander Awesome

Oh, intercourse  no. Don't start that poop. I got more than my fill a long time ago.

The timeline is straight forward, although it appears to be suffering from Zelda syndrome of late.
The major events occur in Metroid/Zero Mission, Return of Samus, Super Metroid, and Fusion.
The rest are simply side stories that have little bearing on the story.

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: Yukiko on January 28, 2009, 03:06:26 PM

Oh, intercourse  no. Don't start that poop. I got more than my fill a long time ago.

The timeline is straight forward, although it appears to be suffering from Zelda syndrome of late.
The major events occur in Metroid/Zero Mission, Return of Samus, Super Metroid, and Fusion.
I remember an over 250 page long thread in the Metroid board of the old NS concerning the topic of Zero Mission. I argued til the end that it was a completely new and different time in the storyline, but didn't believe it for a second myself. Probably my biggest effort at trolling ever, since people completely believed me.

Jono2

Quote from: SolidSNK on January 28, 2009, 03:51:06 PM

I remember an over 250 page long thread in the Metroid board of the old NS concerning the topic of Zero Mission. I argued til the end that it was a completely new and different time in the storyline, but didn't believe it for a second myself. Probably my biggest effort at trolling ever, since people completely believed me.

...so then you remember that guy who thought that Metroid was not in fact Samus' first mission? :P

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: Jono2 on January 28, 2009, 03:57:30 PM

...so then you remember that guy who thought that Metroid was not in fact Samus' first mission? :P
I do, and cannot remember for the life of me what his name was. But I was pretty much one of like two on his side. There were times I wasn't sure he believed it either, but still.

Jono2

Quote from: SolidSNK on January 28, 2009, 04:11:10 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on January 28, 2009, 03:57:30 PM

I do, and cannot remember for the life of me what his name was. But I was pretty much one of like two on his side. There were times I wasn't sure he believed it either, but still.

I'm pretty sure he believed it.  He came all the way to M2K2 one time to preach it.