Main Menu

Leaving your country of origin.

Started by Tupin, January 27, 2009, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titus Andronicus

I've lived in Quebec for five days, on a school trip. We stayed at host families with another person in our class, and it was kind of exciting, if not very frustrating. One would assume the host families would have to speak English, because we were just 8th grade students and not fluent at all in the language of French. I was surprised to see that only the older brother of the family understood half the things we said. The mother didn't really get much at all, making it totally awkward.

At the same time, however, it was fun to see that the kids there were just like us. We watched two seasons of Family Guy (dubbed) and played a lot of Halo 2. In the mornings we would watch Jackie Chan Adventures (which I didn't understand, but knew enough of the episodes to know what was going on).

The only thing I don't understand from there is bagged milk. What's with that, Quebec?
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Friendly Hostile

I've been to Canada once.  Does that really count though?

Spud

Quote from: SolidSNK on January 28, 2009, 09:54:30 AM
The only thing I don't understand from there is bagged milk. What's with that, Quebec?
We have that in Ontario too. What's wrong with bagged milk? Carton's make it taste bad IMO.

Jono2

Quote from: EvilSpud on January 28, 2009, 10:42:57 AM
Quote from: SolidSNK on January 28, 2009, 09:54:30 AM
We have that in Ontario too. What's wrong with bagged milk? Carton's make it taste bad IMO.

I've lived in Manitoba for my entire life (well, since I was 8 months old or so :\) and I have never ONCE seen bagged milk.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

GreatGonzales106

...bagged milk?

Anyway, I've been to Canada once, only to Niagara though. And I also went on a Caribbean cruise over winter break. I went to Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba. 'Twas fun.

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: GreatGonzalez106 on January 28, 2009, 01:12:08 PM
...bagged milk?
It's like a pouch of milk that you keep in a pitcher. Which is really inconvenient, because you have to buy a pitcher then too. Not to mention if it leaks... it's really unnecessary.
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Spud

Quote from: SolidSNK on January 28, 2009, 01:48:53 PM
...bagged milk?
It's like a pouch of milk that you keep in a pitcher. Which is really inconvenient, because you have to buy a pitcher then too. Not to mention if it leaks... it's really unnecessary.
How much does a pitcher cost? No more than $25 probably. Plus I've had the same pitcher for years. Since I can remember, I have been using bagged milk and I can say I haven't any of the bags leak in the past 5 years as I can't remember past that. I prefer bagged or cartons. Tastes better from the bag than from the carton IMO.

Tupin

Quote from: EvilSpud on January 28, 2009, 02:06:20 PM
Quote from: SolidSNK on January 28, 2009, 01:48:53 PM
...bagged milk?
How much does a pitcher cost? No more than $25 probably. Plus I've had the same pitcher for years. Since I can remember, I have been using bagged milk and I can say I haven't any of the bags leak in the past 5 years as I can't remember past that. I prefer bagged or cartons. Tastes better from the bag than from the carton IMO.
We just use jugs of milk. No aftertaste or anything, but I really don't drink milk anyway.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Java

I went to Canada once, but that's about it and the only place we visited was Niagara Falls.
We stayed for the night on the Canadian side.

Shouldn't really count though.  :-\

Kodiack

I've been to Canada...but that's it. >.> I plan on moving to New Zealand one day, though.

phatyo

えっちーせんぱい

From New York City to Georgia, North Carolina, Washington DC, Arizona, and Nevada.

Future places, Minnesota, Canada... Japan?

The Seventh

Not yet.  Too expensive...
Quote from: Jono2 on January 27, 2009, 11:09:57 PM
I've been to Mexico twice, to Aruba once (north of south america), and to Europe once.

Oh, also

I've been to Minneapolis (8 intercourse ing hours away) like... 5 times now, i think, I've been to Bemidji once, Grand Forks once, Florida 3 times, Hawaii once, and Warroad (the original hockey town USA) once.

Can't remember other times I've been out of Canada, I think that's it.  Might have been on the opposite side of Niagara as a baby.
Hah, 8 hours away?  Try traveling on the road for a darn long 12 hours out from Des Moines out to Fort Collions, Colorado, or how my aunt drives for 2 days to get here from Huston, Texas to here (and yes, she stays at a motel over night). 
meh

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Blaze-San on January 29, 2009, 04:08:49 PM
From New York City to Georgia, North Carolina, Washington DC, Arizona, and Nevada.

Future places, Minnesota, Canada... Japan?
COUNTRY

Not state.