News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

SBR's Fourth and "Final" vote about Meta Knight

Started by Dawei, July 29, 2009, 02:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Meta Knight should be banned?

Yes
9 (39.1%)
/ (also yes)
3 (13%)
No
11 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Dawei

Quote from: MarcThe SBR-B (Smash backroom-Brawl) is currently working towards reaching a final conclusion on Meta Knight. This issue has divided the community for at least a year now and we had already decided that we?d come to a definitive answer after Genesis, the major tournament in San Francisco. We had both sides write up a short essay consisting of their main arguments and are having a final poll in the SBR to decide our official stance. The pro-ban side needs a 2/3 majority for Meta Knight to get banned, as is the procedure for everything the SBR recommends be banned.

Do you think Meta Knight should be banned? Why? Do you think he should stay legal? Why? Discuss.

If you want to read both sides of the argument, go to and scroll down a bit.

HTA!

MK is getting banned.
If it wasn't decided until now its a sign most people are against him i would think.

Eh... at least tourneys won't suck ass now.

Depster

He isn't THAT good in my opinion, but dawei told me that you might as well vote yes since it will eventually happen anyway, which does make a lot of sense... It's basically guaranteed that it will happen someday...

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Cornwad

I say yes. He probably will end up banned from the looks of things on SmashBoards.

Magnum

I'm still saying no. So many people use him now that it would screw up some players game. Plus, once he's gone, I can see people starting to complain about Snake. People just need to figure out his opponent better to see what he is going to do. I thought that was why they were pros at the game.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

HTA!

Quote from: MagnumSonic on July 30, 2009, 11:11:52 AM
I'm still saying no. So many people use him now that it would screw up some players game. Plus, once he's gone, I can see people starting to complain about Snake. People just need to figure out his opponent better to see what he is going to do. I thought that was why they were pros at the game.

1- The point is to mess up people's game.
2- Snake is almost as good as MK, but he has counters and can be beaten regularly by a good player.
3- SBR is one of the most knowledgeable groups of people on smash. After numerous tourneys and countless comparisons, it is clear he is overpowered.
He already has some techniques banned (DICK), he had 0 negative match-ups and 0 50/50 match-ups, he has 0 negative counter stages.
4- MK has no counter, there is no new technique to beat him.

Dawei

Quote from: MagnumSonic on July 30, 2009, 11:11:52 AM
OH MY FUCKING GOD. I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO PUNCH THE NEXT PERSON IN THE FACE THAT SAYS IF PEOPLE BAN MK, THEY'LL JUST COMPLAIN ABOUT WHOEVER'S 2ND BEST. THE TWO CHARACTERS ARE TOTALLY COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. MK HAS NO BAD MATCHUPS OR STAGES. SNAKE HAS BAD MATCHUPS AND STAGES. GOD DAMN IT.

Cornwad

So the poll on Smash Boards doesn't decide if he's banned or not right? It just counts as bonus points?

jnfs2014

Meta Knight-Chuck Norris

Snake-Jackie Chan

Chuck Norris is unstoppable and would have to be disqualified from any fighting tournaments.

Jackie Chan is badass, but can be stopped.

The Riddler

Quote from: Dawei on July 30, 2009, 11:52:02 AM
OH MY FUCKING GOD. I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO PUNCH THE NEXT PERSON IN THE FACE THAT SAYS IF PEOPLE BAN MK, THEY'LL JUST COMPLAIN ABOUT WHOEVER'S 2ND BEST. THE TWO CHARACTERS ARE TOTALLY COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. MK HAS NO BAD MATCHUPS OR STAGES. SNAKE HAS BAD MATCHUPS AND STAGES. GOD DAMN IT.
Just because it hasn't been found yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I love when people ninny about characters.
Same about stages.
Same about items.

You suck the fun out of the game.

HTA!

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on July 31, 2009, 06:18:45 AM
Just because it hasn't been found yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I love when people b**** about characters.
Same about stages.
Same about items.

You suck the fun out of the game.

Yes it does.
You don't understand, MK is TOO GOOD.

The Riddler

Quote from: HTA on July 31, 2009, 07:20:14 AM
Yes it does.
You don't understand, MK is TOO GOOD.
Well then get better and learn to use him yourself.

Nayrman

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on July 31, 2009, 07:28:38 AM
Well then get better and learn to use him yourself.
So all tourneys should be Metaknight only? X_X;;

jnfs2014

6 months ago, I thought people would learn how to counter him.

6 months later, I now think the opposite.

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on July 31, 2009, 07:34:01 AM
So all tourneys should be Metaknight only? X_X;;
People will get bored of it eventually.
If not, learn how to be tricky. Don't worry about countering, mindintercourse  the other player.