Main Menu

SBR's Fourth and "Final" vote about Meta Knight

Started by Dawei, July 29, 2009, 02:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Meta Knight should be banned?

Yes
9 (39.1%)
/ (also yes)
3 (13%)
No
11 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Cornwad on August 10, 2009, 11:26:48 AM
I think the development team did a good job in making Meta Knight balanced. His final smash isn't very good, so it balances him out. It makes perfect sense.
Um, Cornwad, I'm going to be the only one here who will not respond with a negative response to you.

If you forgot, Final Smashes were added just for fun.

Tourneys aren't funny, so they don't have Final Smashes.

Meta Knight doesn't need his Final Smash, unless the otherwise is said.

There. :)

Depster

Have you guys not looked at any tournament results?  Many huge regional tournaments will have maybe 1 mk in the top 8!

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

HTA!

Quote from: Depster on August 11, 2009, 09:07:03 AM
Have you guys not looked at any tournament results?  Many huge regional tournaments will have maybe 1 mk in the top 8!
Of course I know that.
Although, I think it is like a power vacuum of sorts.
People are on the anti-MK bandwagon and so will pick anyone over MK for now.

But I am pretty sure that in the next year or so, that number will rise.
Who gives a darn though, I don't go to OL tourneys.

HTA!

Quote from: wiiboychris on August 10, 2009, 01:16:11 PM
Um, Cornwad, I'm going to be the only one here who will not respond with a negative response to you.

If you forgot, Final Smashes were added just for fun.

Tourneys aren't funny, so they don't have Final Smashes.

Meta Knight doesn't need his Final Smash, unless the otherwise is said.

There. :)

Funny is not an adjective form of fun, btw.

DededeCloneChris

jnfs2014

Correction: Tourneys aren't fun unless you win something.

Water ☮

I think he meant to say that Tourneys are serious business!

Dawei

And I mean to say that tourney's not being fun is the most bullpoop, close minded, casualfag thing I have ever heard. Except maybe any of DBY's posts about items.

Cornwad

Quote from: JNFS2014 on August 10, 2009, 11:31:01 AM
I hope that's sarcasm, Cornwad.

It was, but I bet you Sakurai thought that way when balancing the characters.

Mutilator7

Quote from: Depster on August 11, 2009, 09:07:03 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wan't the ban aimed for mid-level players that meta knight pretty much dominates in?

tollhouse2006

I think tournament players are morons.  As long as meta knight has the reputation for being best character more people are going to play as him cause they think they will win.  People just need to realize there's 34 other characters to choose from.  I almost guarantee mk will be nerfed in the next smash (if there is one).
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Nayrman

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on August 16, 2009, 08:46:37 AM
I think tournament players are morons.  As long as meta knight has the reputation for being best character more people are going to play as him cause they think they will win.  People just need to realize there's 34 other characters to choose from.  I almost guarantee mk will be nerfed in the next smash (if there is one).
and all those 34 characters are statistically inferior to Metaknight. It's like betting on the favorite in a track race. Sure they don't win EVERY time, but it's the safest bet odds wise. And other than just personal preference, what reason is there to not choose him?

HTA!

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on August 16, 2009, 08:46:37 AM
I think tournament players are morons.  As long as meta knight has the reputation for being best character more people are going to play as him cause they think they will win.  People just need to realize there's 34 other characters to choose from. I almost guarantee mk will be nerfed in the next smash (if there is one).

Bold is irrelevant and ignorant.

Italics = Why does he have a reputation for being the best dur hur?
Because he is the best, and people who pick him will do better than if they used someone else.

Underlined = And many people don't pick MK. But those that do pick MK destroy most other players.

In hindsight MK does not need to be banned as of now.
However, if it gets to the point where top 3 in a tourney are MK's, he needs to be banned. He is broken, just not broken enough. D:

Nayrman

At least he's not Ivan Ooze in Power Rangers X_X;;

Red Alert

Quote from: Hoss Delgado on August 10, 2009, 12:20:22 PM
yes Nayr tournys are now going to be at least 90% MK players (as if it wasn't like this already). I'm actually kinda loving it because now all the casualfags that thought Melee was Fox vs Fox only can eat s***. there precious bulls*** game is horribly unbalanced. Melee had plenty of charatcers that could compete (Fox, Falco, Marth, Samus, ICs, Falcon, Dr. Mario, Sheik). Sure some of those characters were much better then the others, but none were as broken as MK.

Brawl players are morons.
lol, samus and dr. mario can't really compete in melee. But you didn't mention peach and jiggs, and 2 of the top 3 melee players (imo) main these characters right now.

e: btw mk is stupid and i've wanted him gone for like a year now