Important Poll: Read and Vote (POST COUNTS) RE-READ AND RE-VOTE

Started by Macawmoses, August 16, 2009, 02:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read Post

Do away with.
Keep.

Water ☮

I don't know :(

I'm indifferent about the post counts. But I also see that some people really care about them so If they want to keep them they should.

As far as the ranks go I'm also indifferent but I don't want us to drift to far away from being a video game based forum concentrating mostly on nintendo.

The fact that this forum was very much nintendo-based was why it attracted me. It wasn't full of ignorant retards who would say poop like Nintendo sucks, its too kiddy, etc.

I still don't know what to vote for =[

Custom

I voted to keep kthxbai

also i love all the users that voted keep i'm goign to mail you guys some knid of money or food item like yeah

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

I revoted keep. kthxbai

Though there's no point to the vote.

They're gonna do it regardless.

Totla

Quote from: Riddler_RAGE on August 17, 2009, 10:06:43 PM
I revoted keep. kthxbai

Though there's no point to the vote.

They're gonna do it regardless.
uh
it was just something i kinda suggested off-hand
if you guys really really hate it we're not going to do it
it's not a terribly big deal, just something we'd like to do

Macawmoses

Quote from: Tortilla on August 18, 2009, 12:26:50 AM
uh
it was just something i kinda suggested off-hand
if you guys really really hate it we're not going to do it
it's not a terribly big deal, just something we'd like to do
And to elaborate why it was posted - it's to gather input before the rank election which is debuting in the coming hours. I'd like to have all the ranks and permissions in order before summer is out - which is why things are getting done.

Matt

Quote from: George Carlin on August 17, 2009, 01:07:58 AM
I voted to get rid of... just in spite of the fact some people are against it because they actually care about the posts they made at Nsider. I myself could careless about my post count for the most part.

This once again.

Kayo

We should keep them. This started as an NSider forum, which was good, but we slowly moved away from that. I still say we should keep post counts as-is, because otherwise we have nothing left of oldsider. D=
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Matt

Quote from: KAOS on August 18, 2009, 07:29:43 AM
We should keep them. This started as an NSider forum, which was good, but we slowly moved away from that. I still say we should keep post counts as-is, because otherwise we have nothing left of oldsider. D=

Even though the point of the matter is the fact we aren't Oldsider and therefore why should we have posts from it.

L10

0o!f

Dog Food

I re-voted to get rid of post count restoration. Sure, let's break away from our Oldsider roots. We already have new ranks. Why be reminded of a community that everyone says sucked, and left us without warning? Also, the "replacement" Oldsider has done nothing good to this place.

I say, thanks to Oldsider for sprouting this forum, but it's time for us to leave the nest. We need to spread out our own wings and fly, which means goodbye to the stable life that we once all knew. So, goodbye old post ranks, goodbye old post counts, and hello to a brand new world. Our world, as a community, that we can hopefully make better than Oldsider, and at least better than NS2 in our morals.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Doodle

Just because we've expanded and drifted away from NSider doesn't mean we need to cut it off completely.
NSider is the one thing most of us have in common.
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on August 18, 2009, 12:30:08 PM
Just because we've expanded and drifted away from NSider doesn't mean we need to cut it off completely.
NSider is the one thing most of us have in common.
exactly. and since I started here right where I left off at Oldsider, i feel that my posts should count from beginning to end. (beginning, of course, being when i joind oldsider in 2003)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: KAOS on August 18, 2009, 12:50:47 PM
exactly. and since I started here right where I left off at Oldsider, i feel that my posts should count from beginning to end. (beginning, of course, being when i joind oldsider in 2003)
You mean those posts that are no longer in existence except in some poor attempt to recover them from Google's cache?  That number is meaningless here, and none of your Oldsider posts still exist.  I don't see how you can cling to something you can't even look at online anymore.

Those posts don't count because they aren't there to be counted.

Doodle

But the posts were counted in the beginning of NSF, there's nothing wrong with keeping them.
YEAH

Kilroy

Why are you people so against keeping it? It's an arbitrary number, it means nothing, zip, nada.

Of course, the same argument could go against the people wanting to keep it, but still, there's no real reason either way. Hell, we could make everyone have 0 posts and say nothing of it.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT