News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Final Fantasy 13

Started by The Riddler, March 09, 2010, 05:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Just got to disc two. Thoroughly disappointed with how short the disc felt.
I remember back in the day, a full disc took forever to finish.
I digress.

Hope and Lightning are indeed getting better.
Vanille is coming off [spoiler]as a scared little girl behind a cheery mask.[/spoiler] But I'd still intercourse  her.
Snow has so much CP built up he's gonna explode when I get to control him again.
No sign of Fang, yet.

I don't like the Gestault mode too much.
I don't like that I STILL can't change my darn leader.
I'm glad I saved all my components, 'cause I've got Lightning's sword up to level 11 and it rapes.

Thirdkoopa

The only characters that seem likable to me are Sazh and Hope. 2/6 is far better than 0/6.

And wow, disc two was that short? It's that linear? I mean I've heard of linear but bahaha
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

The Riddler

Quote from: Third K on March 11, 2010, 04:07:38 AM
The only characters that seem likable to me are Sazh and Hope. 2/6 is far better than 0/6.

And wow, disc two was that short? It's that linear? I mean I've heard of linear but bahaha
Disc one was that short.
About 6 or 7 hours of gameplay, I think? I'll check later to be certain.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on March 11, 2010, 04:10:03 AM
Disc one was that short.
About 6 or 7 hours of gameplay, I think? I'll check later to be certain.
And usually Disc one if the longest. At least I remember that for me with 7-9

Oh well. Maybe disc 2/3 are longer.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Magnum

Quote from: Third K on March 11, 2010, 04:23:10 AM
And usually Disc one if the longest. At least I remember that for me with 7-9

Oh well. Maybe disc 2/3 are longer.
I hope so. I'm well in on disk 2 and it looks like it's going to be longer.

Also, Snow is going to explode with all the CP. Rob is right about that. Get ready to have fun with him.

EDIT: GOD DAMN IT! The game puts and enemy ahead of me they say 'might' be too tough. THEN THEY PLACE A SAVE POINT NEXT TO ME! IT'S TAUNTING!!!! DIE BEAST...
Oh wow, that was easy

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Zero

So I just got the Shiva Sisters(school is slowing me down with this game, to even play it I've been taking it to my gf's house), and Snow already has 1000 CP that I can't even freaking use.

From what you guys are saying I won't get him until waaayy later. Ugh figures that one of my favorite characters is gone half the game.

Magnum

Quote from: Zero on March 11, 2010, 07:56:36 PM
So I just got the Shiva Sisters(school is slowing me down with this game, to even play it I've been taking it to my gf's house), and Snow already has 1000 CP that I can't even freaking use.

From what you guys are saying I won't get him until waaayy later. Ugh figures that one of my favorite characters is gone half the game.
Prepare for him to have around 20,000 when you get him back on disk 2. Have fun with that :D
I did grind a bit though...

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Zero

Oh I shall.

Thank god the game hasn't taken away Sazh. -knocks on wood-

X-3

I bought it yesterday. Pretty good so far. My only big complaints so far are that it seems very linear and I can't swap characters around yet. I've yet to dig deep in this game though, so...yeah.

...why do I get so excited whenever I get CP?

Zero

Linearity. Again, why is that a bad thing?

Every Mario game ever is linear. Every Sonic game ever is linear. Every Mega Man game ever is linear. Big deal.

When it comes to linearity, you must understand what it even is in the first place. Ever since this game came out in japan people have been throwing that word around without even understanding what the hell it is.

Linearity is defined as simply this: "Point A, to point B". All RPG, platformer, and shooter games when boiled down to their cores are like this. You have a starting point, a goal, a point to get at. Every game worth a crap is like this. Now, in terms of past Final Fantasy games and 3D Mario games is that the game doesn't force you through it. You can wander around and do poop that's completely meaningless like in a sandbox game. Basically you can just run around in circles and kill enemies. Can that be fun? You bet. Would it fun in FFXIII? Possibly, but honestly, I like that the game guides you through the areas, because I'm tired of getting lost in RPG's. It happens to everyone all the time, and critics always complain about when they get lost in Star Ocean or a Tales game and then slam the game for sucking ass.

In FFXIII, there are still corridors to explore on the map to get treasure chests. Hell, that's something I guess if you care THAT much about exploring poop that doesn't have anything to do with...anything.

Long story short, linearity isn't necessarily a bad thing. Tons of games do it and they've been doing it since intercourse ing Super Mario Bros., nobody's complained about it before until this game. It's like no one can find a legitimate complaint other than this(and Vanille...MUST...KILL...).

Side note: I hate that the traditional victory theme is gone. What the intercourse  Square Enix? Where is my "da-da-da-da-daaa-da-da-da-daaaaa!" at the end of every battle? I just now realized this.

DededeCloneChris

Didn't Nobuo Uematsu just make the intro theme?

Zero

No, Uematsu wasn't involved at all.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on March 11, 2010, 10:32:52 PM
No, Uematsu wasn't involved at all.
Oh, that actually explains a lot. He was like every FF game's music deity. :(

The Riddler

You know, I could kinda tell that Uematsu didn't do this music. It's not nearly as amazing as every other game.

But for your linearity argument, Zero, I disagree. In Final Fantasy, it's not supposed to be THIS linear.
Point A to Point B, sure, but allow us to do what we want between those points. This entire game thus far is like the Midgar Section of FF7. Up until you break free from Midgar, it's linear. Which in that case, it wasn't bad, because it wasn't the entire game. When you do break out of Midgar, you can explore the world map as you please, grind as you please, visit villages, talk to citizens, go to shops, etc. etc. In this there is limited interaction with NPCs (stand next to them for one line of dialogue, yay?), thus far there are no villages to explore, you can only grind by fighting enemies along the path and running back, and there is no world map.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's just they're changing what makes Final Fantasy... Final Fantasy.

Though people don't like Random Battles, I prefer it. Likely the whole reason there isn't a world map is because of the fact that enemies have to be on the screen to see them.

Edit: Good god I love Sazh. "This dampness sure is damp." "Well, at least this is better than homicidal scorpion robots."

Zero

I prefer random battles as well, actually. I see your point and I actually agree with it to an extent, but I just don't see the change as terrible of a thing as a lot of people see it as. NPC interations aren't exactly all that amazing and world maps in addition to all the stuff you can "do as you please" being pretty pointless they can be retarded if done incorrectly(FFIX was a game that had a fantastic world map, for example, but Tales of Abyss's and FFIII's were gay). I can see why the game doesn't have a world map. Because you're actually traveling along the path the characters are traveling, you're not leaving an area and zooming out to an unrealistically small group of continents with oversized locations and random battles in between. I see what the developers were trying to do. While I've grown accustomed to that, I also yearned for something different. Though, I draw the line at changing the victory theme. Seriously? What the intercourse ? It's such a small, yet critical part of Final Fantasy. Why remove it?

And yes, Sazh makes up for every character that game has that is hate worthy.