News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Final Fantasy 13

Started by The Riddler, March 09, 2010, 05:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

It's just a bit too different for me. I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sure I'd call it a "Final Fantasy".
As a side, what the intercourse  are Vanille's weapons? They're like rods with whips, it's awkward.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on March 11, 2010, 11:32:13 PM
It's just a bit too different for me. I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sure I'd call it a "Final Fantasy".
I told you guys but nobody ever listens. :( see this proves my logic.

But it still looks better than 12 was by far. Each day I see something that brightens some more hope for it (no pun intended)

Quote from: Zero on March 11, 2010, 11:19:33 PM
And yes, Sazh makes up for every character that game has that is hate worthy.
...Am I the only person who never falls under this? Everyone says "omg balthier is awesome" In FF12 but I'm like the only person in existance who doesn't think that.

Still there's at least 2 likable characters. It's just that I'll probably be whining about whoever else ends out bad.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

The Riddler

Sazh, Snow, and Fang are all pretty badass.

15+ hours of gameplay in, and I'm at Chapter 7, at [spoiler]Hope's house with his father, it just got raided.[/spoiler]

Fang's personality made me laugh, I like her.
Hope and Snows scenes are ridiculously emotional.
They're building up the characters pretty well but I wanna see some more backstory, like [spoiler]When exactly did Fang start helping Snow? One cutscene she has him hostage and the next they're taking out the army with Shiva? I know they stated what happened but I'd like to actually see it.[/spoiler]

Also, the [spoiler]Vanille[/spoiler] twist is pretty interesting. I wanna see where it goes from there.

Magnum

DISK 2 IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!!!
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Magnum on March 13, 2010, 06:58:48 PM
DISK 2 IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!!!
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
How much longer in comparison to the first?
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Magnum

Quote from: Third K on March 13, 2010, 07:01:51 PM
How much longer in comparison to the first?
Well everything is picking up now, so it feels at least 3 times as long. Not sure on actual length.

Combat is better. Characters are WAY less annoying. Story is starting to chug along now. It reminds me of a 'Tales of' game. Slow at beginning, awesome later on.

DededeCloneChris

Uh-oh, he said it was long, so it must be nearing to the finish. Trust me. I said this when I thought FFIX's Disk One was long, and then it ended quickly.

Magnum

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on March 13, 2010, 07:16:24 PM
Uh-oh, he said it was long, so it must be nearing to the finish. Trust me. I said this when I thought FFIX's Disk One was long, and then it ended quickly.
If it ended now, I would not mind. In fact, I expect it to right after this dungeon. But I have been saying that for all the dungeons for a while now...

While I was typing this, I finally got the option to change my CURRENT TEAM!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Riddler

Chapter 9: HOLY SHIT PLOT TWIST CRAZY BOSS AND I HAVE MY WHOLE PARTY AND CAN CHANGE ANY TIME I WANT YAYAYAYAYAY.
Chapter 10: HOLY SHIT STORY IS BADASS EIDOLONS ARE BADASS I CAN CHANGE MY LEADER FINALLY BUT SO MUCH RUNNING AND GRINDING AHHHHH
CHAPTER 11: I CAN FINALLY EXPLORE HOWEVER I WANT. IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

Basically the game is getting amazing, but I have three chapters (including 11, which I just started) left in the game. :(

Magnum

Easy Bosses are EASY!!!

BTW, Rob, guess who I beat, first time without even dying.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Caveman on March 14, 2010, 11:18:35 AM
Basically the game is getting amazing, but I have three chapters (including 11, which I just started) left in the game.
So the game only get's amazing at the last 3-5 Chapters? Well at least most others sound decent. I can't wait to at least rent this.

Zero

Destructoid gave it a 4/10. lol what idiots. The quality in this game is just...undeniable. I could see a 7 or an 8, but a 4? wow.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 17, 2010, 08:39:26 PM
Destructoid gave it a 4/10. lol what idiots. The quality in this game is just...undeniable. I could see a 7 or an 8, but a 4? wow.
Last I recall destructoid was generally filled with idiots. But really I stopped looking at scores ages ago and focused on the actual quality review; FF13 looks like a mixed bag for everyone just as I predicted.

Magnum

Had to return to Blockbuster. I will rent 1 more time and get the rest of the achievements. After that, it is a definite buy. However, I am saving for the PS3 version.

I just got to the last chapter and can happily say that the game was SO well worth it. Plus, they give you the option to go back to the 'open world' segment in the last dungeon to do anything. That really made me happy. The combat was so fun that I found myself just spamming auto-attack so I could watch it. Of course, I still controlled it at most parts. Story actually got pretty sweet. The whole *SPOILER* was a nice twist. Didn't think that would happen, as I only thought he was a l'Cie. I am really glad the story went where it did. Could have gone a lot of ways, but it had nice parts.

I am really in love with this game right now and I want to get it back, but I'm leaving to Arizona Tuesday, so that isn't happening  =(. I wonder if my parents would let me rent it and take it there with me...  8)

Zero

I finally got around to playing again and I got to Disc 3 and uh...the game's story just took a nosedive into recycling FFX's story....seriously.