News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Final Fantasy 13

Started by The Riddler, March 09, 2010, 05:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Just bought it. For some reason I opted for the Xbox version over the PS3 version. Must be the achievements.
Also got this badass display box when I asked the guy at Gamestop what they do when they're done with it.

This thread will be for discussion of the game, and my thoughts as I progress through it.

*First of all: The graphics are beautiful.
*THE BLACK GUY HAS A BABY CHOCOBO IN HIS AFRO. AWESOME.
*I can only control the girl in battle? Lame.
*Shop at save points? Dislike.

Thirdkoopa

SAVE POINTS IN FF: SOON TO BECOME YOUR ONE STOP FOR EVERYTHING IN THE GAME THAT ISN'T THE ACTUAL COMBAT

But neat. Wait, you can only control lightning? That's pretty intercourse ing stupid. That better be something temporary or so.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

SkyMyl

I guess my thread is obsolete now. ;_;

Anyway, haven't gotten it yet. My brother is saying he'll get it eventually, but I'm too impatient to wait that long.

Chris8492

Gonna get it tomorrow. Im getting the Xbox version.

Magnum

Sazh kicks ass
Hope is a vagina-y
Valierre (or whatever) is obvious final boss/sacrifice
Lightning is annoying
Snow is a good character. I actually like him.
Don't have Fang yet.

Pretty good so far though.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

The Riddler

I fell asleep.

[spoiler]People turning into Crystals or Monsters [/spoiler]= Boring.
Vanille is hot. I would intercourse  the everloving poop out of her.

Custom

I bought it today on 360. I can't play it due to not having an Xbox.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Magnum

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on March 09, 2010, 09:48:38 PM
Vanille is hot. I would intercourse  the everloving poop out of her.
She has a personality of a redneck though. Watch out for some weird stuff.

The Riddler

Got my first game over against Anima.

Only Lightning died.

Fucking gay.

Magnum

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on March 09, 2010, 11:15:17 PM
Got my first game over against Anima.

Only Lightning died.

Fucking gay.
You just got to Anima?
Must have had a good nap. Relatively easy boss. Wait until you hit the next one. It is almost required that you equip Lightning with some HP boosters or she will get one shot'd. First and only time I've died yet.

I actually really like the Crystal level up system. I'm in there after about 3 battles on the dot. Little stuff like that makes me so happy.

The Riddler

Quote from: Magnum on March 09, 2010, 11:28:31 PM
You just got to Anima?
Must have had a good nap. Relatively easy boss. Wait until you hit the next one. It is almost required that you equip Lightning with some HP boosters or she will get one shot'd. First and only time I've died yet.

I actually really like the Crystal level up system. I'm in there after about 3 battles on the dot. Little stuff like that makes me so happy.
I have no CP. :(

The Riddler

So I've got about 4 hours total play time now, and I'm at just after when [spoiler]Lightning leaves Hope behind, and Sazh and Vanille find him.[/spoiler]

My current thoughts:
I still dislike how you only control one person, and can't change which is the leader. The best thing I can compare this to is Kingdom Hearts. Consider the leader Sora and the other two Goofy and Donald.
The game is entirely too linear, though I knew it was coming from previews. Meh. There's literally no exploring. Just follow the path to the next event.
I'm not making nearly enough gil from anything for the Shop to be useful. Am I supposed to save "Components" for later or are they just poop to sell?
Vanille is still really hot, but is getting annoying.
Hope is a little whiny ninny.
Sazh is intercourse ing badass.
Lightning is a mean vagina.
I'm getting used to the Paradigm system, and found a few I like already. Smart Bomb (Ravager, Saboteur, Ravager), then a switch to Tri-Disaster (Ravager x3) makes for a quick fight.

DededeCloneChris

I'm not getting since I don't own any of the systems, but I'm going to watch videos in Youtube.

Also, you should call Sazh "Chocofro". :D

Magnum

Meh. Disk two. Lightning and Hope are both getting better. Snow can survive bullets but not a little judo chop to the neck. Sazh is still amazing and badass. Vanille is still a wierdo.

Battle is getting really fun now that I have summons. Gestault mode (or whatever) is stupid but I like the summons period. I actually am a fan of Smart Bomb as well.

Zero

Lightning is irrational and..really annoying. Still, she's cool in her own way I guess.
Hope is a vagina-y.
Snow and Sazh are motherintercourse ing badasses
Fang is alright, still not sure about her.
and Vanille is the typical annoying girl in a JRPG.

I'm pretty sure you can change leaders later, because I've seen footage of the game where you control other characters with Lightning in the party.