News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

The anticlimactic poll of un-ultimate destiny.

Started by SkyMyl, May 21, 2010, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which brother?

Mario
5 (29.4%)
Luigi
9 (52.9%)
Yoshi (Neutral)
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

SkyMyl

The eternal question. Which brother do you like more? Mario, the more famous, "face of video games", and the more balanced of the two? (Usually) Or Luigi, the not as famous, not as appreciated, more specialized of the two?

Personally, I've always been a Luigi man. The guy's got a nasty habit of wearing low traction shoes in platformers, but that's part of what makes him fun to play as. Plus, he starred in the better of the two main Mario games on the Gamecube.

The Riddler

Nayrman

StarWindWizard7

To be perfectly honest with you, it doesn't matter to me which is better.

I'm more interested in Walugi then anything else, but that's just me.

JrDude

Same as Star. Though Usually, in old Mario games where there was a choice between Mario & Luigi, I'd be Mario because Luigi has a little better jump, while Mario is a little faster, and I like to run in those games.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Lotos

I have to pick Luigi for Super Mario Bros. 2 (US).

Zero

Luigi is more niche so of course every poop hole on the internet is going to like him more.

Mario has more personality and isn't a intercourse ing vagina-y like Luigi is. He doesn't care if he gets rewarded, he just wants to stop Bowser over and over again and I'd definitely wager that Mario is more powerful even if he can't jump as high.

Luigi's Mansion is one my favorite games ever, but that doesn't detract from the fact that since then he hasn't starred in a game of his own and the ones where he had a starring role before LM were terrible(Mario is Missing!, etc).

As for Waluigi, he has no meaningful purpose in the Mario universe other than to be Wario's tag team partner in the sports games and that definitely isn't meaningful in the slightest. Why anyone would find such a useless character interesting is beyond me.

So, of course I like Mario more. He's just superior in every way possible.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Zero on May 22, 2010, 03:42:02 PM
Luigi is more niche so of course every poop hole on the internet is going to like him more.

Mario has more personality and isn't a intercourse ing vagina-y like Luigi is. He doesn't care if he gets rewarded, he just wants to stop Bowser over and over again and I'd definitely wager that Mario is more powerful even if he can't jump as high.

Luigi's Mansion is one my favorite games ever, but that doesn't detract from the fact that since then he hasn't starred in a game of his own and the ones where he had a starring role before LM were terrible(Mario is Missing!, etc).

As for Waluigi, he has no meaningful purpose in the Mario universe other than to be Wario's tag team partner in the sports games and that definitely isn't meaningful in the slightest. Why anyone would find such a useless character interesting is beyond me.

So, of course I like Mario more. He's just superior in every way possible.
Let it be "beyond" you, that's perfectly fine.

Me not knowing anything about Walugi to me makes me more interested in him, in other words I want to know more about him.
I know enough about Wario, Mario and Luigi as is.

Zero

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on May 22, 2010, 04:08:06 PM
Let it be "beyond" you, that's perfectly fine.

Me not knowing anything about Walugi to me makes me more interested in him, in other words I want to know more about him.
I know enough about Wario, Mario and Luigi as is.

Understanding figures of speech obviously isn't one of your stronger skills.

That's the thing. There isn't anything to dig into. His ENTIRE purpose, was just to give Wario a Luigi. That's all. They'll never touch him outside of a Mario Party game or a sports game. You can like him all you want, even if there isn't anything likable about the character.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Zero on May 22, 2010, 04:25:47 PM
Understanding figures of speech obviously isn't one of your stronger skills.

That's the thing. There isn't anything to dig into. His ENTIRE purpose, was just to give Wario a Luigi. That's all. They'll never touch him outside of a Mario Party game or a sports game. You can like him all you want, even if there isn't anything likable about the character.
Doesn't have to be a "thing", and everybody is different when it Can come to Wanting to know things or people whether they have a decent meaning or not. Now is it my fault that Miyamoto (or who ever created Walugi) didn't make/have Walugi have some kind of history? No. Is it my fault for wanting to know more about the character? No, I'm interested in him.
Now, if they just want Walugi to be Wario's Luigi...Fine. If he is to be a filler... that's fine as well. Despite those points, I'm still interested in him and I still want to know more info about him, It's all up to Nintendo to give him a background. And I'm sure they'll do if when they need him to have one.

Allegory

Zero

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on May 22, 2010, 09:17:38 PM
It's all up to Nintendo to give him a background. And I'm sure they'll do if when they need him to have one.

They'll never need to give him a background unless they make some huge Wario RPG that has him in it and even then they could probably just throw him in like they always do....but the game probably won't ever happen. Its a funny thought though.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Zero on May 23, 2010, 12:14:50 AM
They'll never need to give him a background unless they make some huge Wario RPG that has him in it and even then they could probably just throw him in like they always do....but the game probably won't ever happen. Its a funny thought though.
I'm going to have to agree with you. There isn't a need (right now) for Nintendo to give Walugi any kind of background history. Most people will agree that he's a filler... I can't help but to like his style and personality.

Paper Wario anybody?

>___>

Zero

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on May 23, 2010, 12:20:10 AM

Paper Wario anybody?

>___>

Hey, I'd buy it if it was anything like the first two Paper Mario games.