Main Menu

How did you find old Nsider?

Started by Tupin, November 09, 2007, 02:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

I found it looking for help in a game. ;D

Also, what was your first forum? I went to some travelers forum. :-\

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkulltulaX

*thinks*... Damn. I dont even remember.

My first forum was astral society.

Macawmoses

Smash Bros discussion was a search word on GOOGLE and NS came up!

bluaki

Nsider was my first forum.
I was just browsing Nintendo.com shortly after first getting a computer in my household (late 2005) and stumbled upon the forums, I didn't even know what a forum was before that.

I was like the only kid in school without computer access all through elementary school, 6th grade, and the beginning of 7th. The computer we did get was one that we got only because it was so cheap at $350 for the entire set of the tower, monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, printer, and cords. Costing only $350 for everything in 2005, that right there says how bad of a computer it is >.<
I've only gotten two upgrades, one was buying a 512MB RAM chip to triple the RAM on the computer and the second was another 80GB HDD from Dell for free (various reasons, although I was supposed to send the old one back).

Tupin

Quote from: bluaki on November 09, 2007, 02:02:53 PM
I was just browsing Nintendo.com shortly after first getting a computer in my household (late 2005) and stumbled upon the forums, I didn't even know what a forum was before that.
A forum, in classical sense, is a meeting place where Romans discussed politics and lifestyles. ;)

HeroOfTimeO0

My friend TYKNU told me about it.
It was my first forum.

bluaki

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 09, 2007, 02:04:40 PM
A forum, in classical sense, is a meeting place where Romans discussed politics and lifestyles. ;)
That's not the right definition for this use.
Quote from: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/forum1. A place for discussion.
2. A gathering for the purpose of discussion.
3. A form of discussion involving a panel of presenters and often participation by members of the audience.
4. An Internet message board where users can post messages regarding one or more topics of discussion.
I believe it's definition 4 -_-

Jono2

I was just browsing Nintendo.com shortly after first getting a computer in my household (late 2002 or 2003, I don't remember >_<) and stumbled upon the forums, I didn't even know what a forum was before that.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Tupin

Quote from: bluaki on November 09, 2007, 02:07:47 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 09, 2007, 02:04:40 PM
That's not the right definition for this use.
Quote from: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/forum1. A place for discussion.
2. A gathering for the purpose of discussion.
3. A form of discussion involving a panel of presenters and often participation by members of the audience.
4. An Internet message board where users can post messages regarding one or more topics of discussion.
I believe it's definition 4 -_-
I said in a classical sense. A Roman forum is a meeting place.

Syncopathic

i found it through the Nintendo site

and i registered for the zelda disk

Kayo

searched for help on a game. thats also how i got my screenname.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FullmetalGanon

some search engines still have ns in their cache. :/
nsider was my first forum. ;-;

Rayquarian

I was trying to find how to catch Celebi in Sapphire...so I found the Legendary Researchers.  I lurked around on that thread before one day, I finally joined.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 09, 2007, 02:00:05 PM
I found it looking for help in a game. ;D

Also, what was your first forum? I went to some travelers forum. :-\
I found out about the Nintendo Forums through a friend,
WHO told me about Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

(at that time, I was unaware of SSBB Being made)

I went to Nintendo.com and then I saw "Community", I clicked that, and I was
taken to the Nintendo Forums for the 1st time.

The 1st board I posted on was of course the SSB Board...
The precious Board I was born in.  :robothappy:

Zovistograt

I found it in NP, and it technically wasn't my first online community but it was my first forum that I actively posted on.  I ventured into LEGO.com first and then nick, but all I did was play the games there :P
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)