News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Tiers Exist. Fact.

Started by Jono2, November 17, 2007, 10:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depster

I don't know why... He isn't that good.  Sure he runs, but he gets predictible very quickly, especially his B^

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

LemonManX

Ever heard of a little thing called waveshining? How about the pure rape of Fox's U-throw to U-air combo?

Fox is number one for a reason ya know...

Dawei

Quote from: Depster on November 20, 2007, 09:24:26 PM
I don't know why... He isn't that good.  Sure he runs, but he gets predictible very quickly, especially his B^
No good Fox player uses Firefox to attack. EVER. The only time it is really used is to recover when they are to low to use Fox Illusion. Also, one of the big things about Fox is being un-predictable, otherwise they are most likely going to get chain-grabbed. Your a member of Smashboards, but have you watched some KDJ, Mew2King, or PC Chris videos?

And his fast-fall is also an asset. Sure, it makes it easy to be combo'd (darn Marth...), but it helps out his shffl. There is also the fact that when you get used to playing with Fox (at least in my case) his fast fall becomes hardly noticeable. It doesn't impede me in the least. The one that is screwed when they get knocked off the edge is Falco. And besides, if you find all those as horrible weaknesses, the shine must make up for all of it. Waveshine=<3

thunderhero4

Quote from: Dawei on November 21, 2007, 07:20:39 AM
No good Fox player uses Firefox to attack. EVER. The only time it is really used is to recover when they are to low to use Fox Phantasm. Also, one of the big things about Fox is being un-predictable, otherwise they are most likely going to get chain-grabbed. Your a member of Smashboards, but have you watched some KDJ, Mew2King, or PC Chris videos?

And his fast-fall is also an asset. Sure, it makes it easy to be combo'd (dang Marth...), but it helps out his shffl. There is also the fact that when you get used to playing with Fox (at least in my case) his fast fall becomes hardly noticeable. It doesn't impede me in the least. The one that is screwed when they get knocked off the edge is Falco. And besides, if you find all those as horrible weaknesses, the shine must make up for all of it. Waveshine=<3
erm, im pretty sure its called fox illusion...falco's is falco phantasm...

Dawei

Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 21, 2007, 09:08:02 PM
No good Fox player uses Firefox to attack. EVER. The only time it is really used is to recover when they are to low to use Fox Phantasm. Also, one of the big things about Fox is being un-predictable, otherwise they are most likely going to get chain-grabbed. Your a member of Smashboards, but have you watched some KDJ, Mew2King, or PC Chris videos?

And his fast-fall is also an asset. Sure, it makes it easy to be combo'd (dang Marth...), but it helps out his shffl. There is also the fact that when you get used to playing with Fox (at least in my case) his fast fall becomes hardly noticeable. It doesn't impede me in the least. The one that is screwed when they get knocked off the edge is Falco. And besides, if you find all those as horrible weaknesses, the shine must make up for all of it. Waveshine=<3
Crap, your right. Thanks for pointing that out.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Dawei on November 21, 2007, 10:31:13 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 21, 2007, 09:08:02 PM

Crap, your right. Thanks for pointing that out.
Haha! thanks! ;D

QingXin

Wow, for a tier thread, this sure is short... If you're gonna sway people, you're not gonna do it with that hunk of wat-cha-ma-call-it.

Jono2

Quote from: TamJammerz on November 22, 2007, 06:36:22 AM
Wow, for a tier thread, this sure is short... If you're gonna sway people, you're not gonna do it with that hunk of wat-cha-ma-call-it.

want it summarized?

in a fighting game where characters do not have equal movesets, speed, weight, or size, there are some characters better than others.

a tier list can be made just from that.

There ya go.  Nobody should need any more proof than that, unless they're completely closed-minded.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

thunderhero4

Quote from: Jono2 on November 22, 2007, 12:01:55 PM
Quote from: TamJammerz on November 22, 2007, 06:36:22 AM

want it summarized?

in a fighting game where characters do not have equal movesets, speed, weight, or size, there are some characters better than others.

a tier list can be made just from that.

There ya go.  Nobody should need any more proof than that, unless they're completely closed-minded.
some people here are closed minded  ::)...*looks in mirror*

evilflame101

yes but tiers are not what you think, tiers are not how good a character is, but how much effort it will take to become best with them. High tiers are characters that take little or no skill to become good with, low tiers are characters that take tons of practice and skill to become good with, which an average player would be terrible as when they used them. Tiers are simply a learning curve.

thunderhero4

Quote from: evilflame101 on November 22, 2007, 03:24:54 PM
yes but tiers are not what you think, tiers are not how good a character is, but how much effort it will take to become best with them. High tiers are characters that take little or no skill to become good with, low tiers are characters that take tons of practice and skill to become good with, which an average player would be terrible as when they used them. Tiers are simply a learning curve.
99% of people i know agree with you 100%, and im one of em... ;D

Jono2

o rly?

I'll put that in the original message then. :O

I'm no pro or anything, I'm just pointing out that it's naive to think that they don't exist.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Jono2 on November 22, 2007, 05:09:30 PM

o rly?

I'm no pro or anything, I'm just pointing out that it's naive to think that they don't exist.
but he said they do exist, theyre just in the form of skill...

Jono2

Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 22, 2007, 05:16:21 PM

o rly?

I was agreeing with him. :P

thunderhero4

Quote from: Jono2 on November 22, 2007, 05:17:30 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 22, 2007, 05:16:21 PM

o rly?

I was agreeing with him. :P
ah, ok, i think everybody should agree with him...unless a game is crappy, its based off of pure skill and experiance, i mean, tiers as to who is better is some serious judging...i mean, if the next best ssbm player uses pichu, evryone will say pichu is high-tier, when hes the only one good with him, which is also skill...this is what i think...