News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Nibankari (Posting ready, SIGN-UPS CLOSED FOR NOW)

Started by X_Hero, December 17, 2007, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 05:26:03 PM
"Oh, wow. This sword is extremely well crafted. Whoever lost it sure did lose a treasure." Ryuki was amazed at the work of the sword. He ran a finger down the middle of the blade. The light danced off of it, causing little beams of light to hit the grass near them, even though they were in a shaded spot.

"Here," Ryuki said, handing Akutai his book and staff, "I don't normally do this, but you can see my book and staff." he said, handing them to him, along with the sword.
"Thanks." Akutai said as he took the book and staff. He was amazed with the staff, which the sphere on top of it reflected his image slightly. It seemed almost like if you were to stare into it long enough, you could see something completely different than you could ever see. Akutai opened the book and looked through a bit. He couldn't understand a word of it, but it still fascinated him.

Nils_13

"That book is written in a dead language, before or after the meteor hit, I'm not sure. My friend, Aya, made it for me on my fifteenth birthday. The staff was given to me by the Arch Sage at the Library on my birthday as well." he explained.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 05:38:25 PM
"That book is written in a dead language, before or after the meteor hit, I'm not sure. My friend, Aya, made it for me on my fifteenth birthday. The staff was given to me by the Arch Sage at the Library on my birthday as well." he explained.
"Well, they're amazing..." Akutai said as he handed them back to Ryuki.

Nils_13

"Are you ready to continue down this trail?" Ryuki asked.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 05:44:42 PM
"Are you ready to continue down this trail?" Ryuki asked.
"Might as well..." Akutai replied as he got up. He sheathed his sword and put away his pistol. "It's still quite a ways to go, by what I can tell."

Nils_13

"I'd say it will take us at least another 30 minutes to get to the end." he replied, putting his staff away and standing up.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 05:53:20 PM
"I'd say it will take us at least another 30 minutes to get to the end." he replied, putting his staff away and standing up.
"It might... it might not..." Akutai began "It all depends on how far we've actually traveled this path. And let's not forget that we haven't seen any of the postmarks made by other travelers yet..."

Nils_13

The sphere on Ryuki's staff turned red and began to glow.

"That's not good..." he said, pulling it back out and looking at the glowing red orb.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 06:03:49 PM
The sphere on Ryuki's staff turned red and began to glow.

"That's not good..." he said, pulling it back out and looking at the glowing red orb.
"What does that mean?" Akutai asked, looking at the glowing sphere. Somehow, he felt it wasn't a good thing, but he didn't know exactly what.

Nils_13

"It means there's another source of magic in the area..." Ryuki said, as he continued staring at the red orb.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 06:12:05 PM
"It means there's another source of magic in the area..." Ryuki said, as he continued staring at the red orb.
Akutai just stood there a moment.

"... Another source of magic?" Akutai began to think to himself. "That definitely wouldn't be good for us if they were hostile..." He put his hand on the handle of his pistol, just waiting for something to happen.

Nils_13

"I thought it was weird, too, when we weren't finding any signs of other travelers that had passed through here..." Ryuki said, continuing to stare at his staff. The glow turned into a flash.

"It's getting closer...." he said.

X_Hero

Akutai still stood there, waiting. What direction was it going to come from? He looked from place to place, wondering what the mysterious source of magic might be.

Nils_13

Ryuki shifted his staff to his left hand, pulling out his book and holding it with his right hand. He closed his eyes and listened.

Anarchy_Jas

Jas spots Ryuki and Akutai from a distance, and immediately hides. 'Bad enough people from where I am ain't liked very much...'
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."