Main Menu

You know what mad me off

Started by Geno, February 21, 2008, 12:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tibar7

Quote from: Geno on February 21, 2008, 12:02:17 AM
Nintendo is still living in the dark. They had the potential to have leaderboards and voice chat but they were afraid of hurting casual gamers and their feelings.

Jesus Nintendo, can't you leave your casual gamer appeal and the hardcore gamer appeal off the same plate? This is Smash Bros. we're talking about. The idea in general is a video game nerd's wet dream. Why did they have to ruin this huge opportunity? If they had added just those two features they could of competed with xbox live.

Nintendo just doesn't care anymore. Did you know that we have less than 5 classic Nintendo series games coming on the Wii this year from Nintendo? That's not much at all. Nintendo is just giving up.

Sorry I just had to post this. It really makes me mad.
nintendo's online doesen't fail. voice chat isn't a big deal. as long as you can play the game online with other people it's cool. Plus you download a whole bunch of sh*t off the internet in the wii. you can also cruise the web. how can you say it fails? i have never even played wi-fi (i don't have it) you don't see me complaining. Luckily i be getting it in the summer probably so i can play brawl and other games online.

no voice chat=who cares?
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Tupin

Quote from: tibar7 on February 21, 2008, 05:40:24 PM
Nintendo is still living in the dark. They had the potential to have leaderboards and voice chat but they were afraid of hurting casual gamers and their feelings.

Jesus Nintendo, can't you leave your casual gamer appeal and the hardcore gamer appeal off the same plate? This is Smash Bros. we're talking about. The idea in general is a video game nerd's wet dream. Why did they have to ruin this huge opportunity? If they had added just those two features they could of competed with xbox live.

Nintendo just doesn't care anymore. Did you know that we have less than 5 classic Nintendo series games coming on the Wii this year from Nintendo? That's not much at all. Nintendo is just giving up.

nintendo's online doesen't fail. voice chat isn't a big deal. as long as you can play the game online with other people it's cool. Plus you download a whole bunch of sh*t off the internet in the wii. you can also cruise the web. how can you say it fails? i have never even played wi-fi (i don't have it) you don't see me complaining. Luckily i be getting it in the summer probably so i can play brawl and other games online.

no voice chat=who cares?
Friend Codes.

That is all.

Also, this is 2008. Any online multiplayer game that doesn't have voice chat is behind the times.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

tibar7

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 21, 2008, 05:44:43 PM

no voice chat=who cares?
Friend Codes.

That is all.

Also, this is 2008. Any online multiplayer game that doesn't have voice chat is behind the times.
uh, if you want to chat, go on these forums like we're doing now. i say actually playing the game online is 100 times more important than voice chat. And didn't Wi-Fi gaming come out the same time the DS did? That wasn't too long ago. Next everyone is gonna want picture chat on online gaming.

Tupin

Quote from: tibar7 on February 21, 2008, 05:59:05 PM

no voice chat=who cares?
Friend Codes.

That is all.

uh, if you want to chat, go on these forums like we're doing now. i say actually playing the game online is 100 times more important than voice chat. And didn't Wi-Fi gaming come out the same time the DS did? That wasn't too long ago. Next everyone is gonna want picture chat on online gaming.
Online gaming became popular and affordable with the launch of Xbox Live in 2002.

Lack of online was a reason why the GCN failed.

tibar7

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 21, 2008, 06:05:24 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 21, 2008, 05:59:05 PM

no voice chat=who cares?
Friend Codes.

That is all.

Online gaming became popular and affordable with the launch of Xbox Live in 2002.

Lack of online was a reason why the GCN failed.
i assume GCN means gamecube. the gamecube was released before there was online gaming right?

BTW, what happenned to thunderhero and cornwad? did they get suspended or something?

Nayrman

Yes, this was Nintendo's one big chance to get online right. Instead I think they'd rather ahve it for "Mario Kart".
GUH. Nintendo is completely obsessed with Mario and casual gamers. Smash was the single most multiplayer heavey game they had!
Not to mention anything online with no Voice Chat makes the game instanely less accessable. Oh, so some newbies/casual gamers see someone with a nasty name?, who cares!? That's why they have DISCLAIMERS! "Game Experience May Change During Online Play". They have that for a reason. Besides, they could just block Voice to only friends, there PROBLEM SOLVED! But no, Nintendo loves to be technologically inferior to everyone else.
And no, the GCN COULD"VE had online, but again, Nintendo hates things that actually work and help hardcore gamers. (the PS2 has online and it came out TWO YEARS before the GCN!)

DededeCloneChris

Something did mad me off today, a guy who has a japanese Brawl did a video of character comprehension of his movesets and said that Lucario sucks and Sonic is actually perfect in every way possible, but obviously he really doesn't know the advantages we know about all the characters. (He said something offensive about Falco and maybe Wolf too, because he is a Sonic fan)

Tupin

We should be glad we have online at all.

"Consumers do not want online play"- Former Nintendo president, 2003.

Nintendo only has online to compete with Sony and Microsoft.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 21, 2008, 06:20:32 PM

And to appease the hardcore group to a certain extent. If they had NO online, I'd jumped ship from Nintendo quite a while ago. Seriously, Voice Chat and at least a decent "make random people your firends" thing would make their online at least bearable X_X;;

tibar7

why would you want to voice chat random strangers? what if michael jackson was on. it would cause a lot of problems.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on February 21, 2008, 06:22:30 PM

And to appease the hardcore group to a certain extent. If they had NO online, I'd jumped ship from Nintendo quite a while ago. Seriously, Voice Chat and at least a decent "make random people your firends" thing would make their online at least bearable X_X;;
Nintendo needs to rip off Xbox Live big time.

Nayrman

Quote from: tibar7 on February 21, 2008, 06:23:32 PM
why would you want to voice chat random strangers? what if michael jackson was on. it would cause a lot of problems.
so you can talk smack while you play. It's the main reason why a lot of online games are so much fun

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on February 21, 2008, 06:22:30 PM

X-Box live minus the videos/pictures would be perfect for the Wii...

I really wanted them to do better... ah well...

Cornwad

Yeah, it pretty annoying. Mabye if the Wii gets a hard drive Sakurai will make downloadable content? I don't think we'll ever get voice chat without friends though :(

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on February 21, 2008, 06:28:59 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 21, 2008, 06:23:32 PM
so you can talk smack while you play. It's the main reason why a lot of online games are so much fun
Technically....
You can use DS headsets to do voice chat...

But...meh