Main Menu

Better or worse than you expected?

Started by tibar7, March 12, 2008, 03:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforceman22

actually, what I expected was what I got. :)
This is the bes game ever.
i'm actually strting to like the roster now..:O

btw, nothing is perfect ;)

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

tibar7

Quote from: Dawei on March 12, 2008, 03:33:58 PM
Much, much worse than expected.

In all honesty, I like Melee more.
well, enjoy playing melee then. the fact that there's more to unlock in this game alone makes it better than melee. the only things i'm dissapointed with is the slight shortage of playables, the occasional triping, and the selection of characters/things for assist trophies. i'm pretty sure this game is as close to perfect the Wii will see (Nintendo will probably make their new console within the next ten years).
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: tibar7 on March 15, 2008, 10:01:36 AM

well, enjoy playing melee then. the fact that there's more to unlock in this game alone makes it better than melee. the only things i'm dissapointed with is the slight shortage of playables, the occasional triping, and the selection of characters/things for assist trophies. i'm pretty sure this game is as close to perfect the Wii will see (Nintendo will probably make their new console within the next ten years).

I can agree.
This is honestly IMO The best Wii game ever...and will be for a very long time.
The only game I see that could possibly Rival SSBB is Mario Kart Wii (which I am getting).
Well, Mario Kart Wii Rivals SSBB in the Fun Factor...and it's a good thing it's online or else the replay value would be Shot.

I never had so much joy in a video game...not in a Verrrrrrrrrry long time.

Chives

Yup agreed        [spoiler][/spoiler]

Allegretto

Hmm what I have recently noticed...is that it is nto as good as i thought. It is extremlly fun but to me it feels just the same as melee exept for all the added things, its pretty much the same game, when I am vsing on an melee stage it just feels like I am playing melee, a big dissapointment for me.

RedYoshi

Another thing that I like about this game is all of the retro stuff that they have in the game. Like music from past Nintendo titles which brings back a lot of awesome memories of some of the greatest video games of all time. Not to mention the demos of the old NES games. I like the memorobilia of past Nintendo games especially the music because I grew up on Nintendo and spent most of my life playing Nintendo games.
Will edit sig later...:P

Oren

Quote from: ilovebrandyharrington on March 15, 2008, 03:09:11 PM
Another thing that I like about this game is all of the retro stuff that they have in the game. Like music from past Nintendo titles which brings back a lot of awesome memories of some of the greatest video games of all time. Not to mention the demos of the old NES games. I like the memorobilia of past Nintendo games especially the music because I grew up on Nintendo and spent most of my life playing Nintendo games.
* nods i rember the NES when i was 4 :)

The_Waddle_Dee_Knight

Hmm. It seems a bit better than I was expecting, and I also think that it is the best wii game out there. It will also be the best wii game period... This game was delayed quite a bit, to reach near perfection, which is good. However, it reminds me of another game that was delayed a large amount that turned out to be perfect...
Known as TheWaddleDeeMaster on the old nintendo forums.

Interested on knowing how to talk online in SSBB using techiques? Visit my fourm at

http://nsf.projectfcd.com/index.php?topic=21272.0

Game: Mario Strikers Charged
Nsider Name: The_Waddle_Dee_Knight
Wi-Fi Name: NsTheWaddl
Friend Code: 425309-071051

Game: SSBB
Wi-Fi Name: TWD (Soon to be f5TWD hopefully)
Friend Code: 1547-4866-5642

Doodle

I expected it to be pretty good, and it turned out pretty good. Feels like Melee, but with tripping, and A LOT of other stuff.
YEAH

NINTENDO_PAWNAGE_RAWK

Well, I am not saying it is better, but it did live up to my expectations. The only thing I really dislike is the random falling stuff. Seriously, what the heck were they thinking!

Jono2

Quote from: tibar7 on March 15, 2008, 10:01:36 AM

the tripping is something I'll never understand.  why put such a useless and annoying thing in the game?  it happens terribly often, and it doesn't help anyone.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Ultrasuperstarenator

Toon Link and Final smashes were better than I expected so yeah it exceeded mine.

THEEVILSPERKY

It kinda feels like an alternate version of Melee... as if time split off in two directions and one produced Melee and one produced Brawl.. haha.  They're very similar but there's a lot of differences... which makes me miss Melee incredibly as I play it... but at the same time I'm enjoying all the new stuff.

I think sometimes I'll be in a Melee type of mood... and sometimes I'll choose Brawl instead.  I wanna play the whole series back and forth one day with friends and try and find which one we think is best.

Anyways, the game is still new.. it's slowly growing on me.  Some parts just feel watered down.  It didn't seem to evolve from Melee but just grow from the original in a different way... so it mirrors Melee as in it's the same but also the opposite... ya know..

I do like it.  Just... something's... strange about it... haha.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

Allegretto

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on March 16, 2008, 12:59:42 PM
It kinda feels like an alternate version of Melee... as if time split off in two directions and one produced Melee and one produced Brawl.. haha.  They're very similar but there's a lot of differences... which makes me miss Melee incredibly as I play it... but at the same time I'm enjoying all the new stuff.

I think sometimes I'll be in a Melee type of mood... and sometimes I'll choose Brawl instead.  I wanna play the whole series back and forth one day with friends and try and find which one we think is best.

Anyways, the game is still new.. it's slowly growing on me.  Some parts just feel watered down.  It didn't seem to evolve from Melee but just grow from the original in a different way... so it mirrors Melee as in it's the same but also the opposite... ya know..

I do like it.  Just... something's... strange about it... haha.
Thats how I feel about it, but i was to lazy to type all that   :|

ThePowerOfOne

Well... Not better or worse. It is just what I was expecting. My only complaint is the SSE. Too repetitive.