News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Super Smash Bros DS Thread (read first post)

Started by Neerb, May 14, 2008, 01:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Alright, last time, this thread kinda failed due to SSBB anticipation and people refusing to read the first post, but now I'm gonna try again.

Suggest characters, stages, modes, or items that you think could be in a DS Smash game!!
Also, try coming up with ways that the dual screens, touch screen, or microphone could be implimented!
And to make things easier, please post a moveset (specials and FS) for any newcomers you suggest.

Rules:

1.  Spamming is NOT allowed--mackormoses is watching you!
2.  No flaming, either!

Possible Complaints and Answers:
C.  Brawl is Sakurai's last game!
A.  Remember when Rare left Nintendo?  Well guess what, DK games are still being made.  What makes Smash different?
C.  You can't make a DS game!  Why does this thread even matter?
A.  Why does any thread on this board matter?  If you answer that, you've answered your own complaint.
C.  How could you play without a control stick?
A.  Previously, this could have been a problem, but now that Brawl can be played without one, so can DS!
C.  DS can't support Smash graphics!
A.  DS graphics=N64 graphics.  It won't be Brawl quality, but it's still possible.

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS:  RUMBLE & SUPER SMASH BROTHERS:  BLAST

Characters (hidden has a * next to it) :
Both Versions= Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Link, Samus, Fox, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Luigi*, Bowser*, Peach*, Zelda/Sheik*, Ganondorf*, Captain Falcon*, Jigglypuff*, Mr. Game & Watch*, Sonic*, Snake*
Rumble Exclusive= Marth, King Dedede, Falco, Olimar, Deoxys*, Tom Nook*, Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario*, Banjo & Kazooie*
Blast Exclusive= Ike, Meta Knight, Pit, Diddy Kong, Eevee*, Krystal*, Ray MK III*, Sora*

Stages (hidden has a * next to it) :
Both Versions= Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser's Castle, Temple of the Ocean King, Saffron City, Victory Road, Sauria, Kremling Deck
Rumble Exclusive= Spiral Mountain*,
Blast Exclusive= Twilight Town* (KH2, not PM2),

Items:
Crates & Barrels= same
Pokeball= same
Smash Ball= same
Assist Trophy= same
Fire Flower= same
Hammer= same
Starman= same
Beam sword= same, but green instead of blue
Cucco= wanders aimlessly around stage; if it is hit, it calls in a massive flock of angry cuccos to attack all players
Wing Cap= the wing cap from Super Mario 64; when a character wears, it they fly like Super Sonic (not as fast; just how fast the character runs or walks), and while they are in the air they don't do arial attacks, they do their ground attacks, except in the air

Pokeballs
Voltorb= Explode= intead of coming out of a pokeball, it just appears and looks like a pokeball, but it explodes when picked up (JrDude's idea)
Lapras= Ice Beam= shoots a beam straight through the stage, like Zelda's FS, and freezes everyone it touches
Dialga= Roar of Time= everything goes either slo-mo or super fast for ten seconds   (ten real seconds, so slo-mo doesn't make it go longer and fast-forward doesn't make it go shorter)
Palkia= Spacial Rend= flips the screen upside down for ten seconds (but gravity and controls stay the same)
Jirachi= Wish/Doom Desire= randomly does either Wish, which heals the user but kills everyone else, or Doom Desire, which kills the user and heals everyone else
Ampharos= Discharge= shocks everyone except user, including the user's teammates

Assist Trophies
Team Rocket= unleashes three random Pokeball pokemon to help the user
Lady Bow= teleports to the nearest enemy and rapidly smacks them with her fan
Sylux= uses his energy beam attack to trap and suck health out of nearest opponent, then transfers the health to user

Modes:
Classic= same
Adventure= unknown
Multi-Card War= same (multiplayer fight)
Single-Card War= same, but you can't do Special modes and you can only play as starter characters and on starter levels
Race to the Finish= 4 players, either human controlled or CPUs, compete to see who can get to the end of an obstacle course first
Capture the Flag= 4 players, either human controlled or CPUs, break into teams and try to retrieve eachother's flags on a long obstacle course
Wi-Fi Battle= same
Stadium= Multi-man Battle, Homerun Contest, Target Smash, Race to the Finish, and Capture the Flag

DS-Exclusive Controls:
Race to the Finish/Capture the Flag= map showing stage, flags, players, etc.
War= Final Smashes

Final Smash Controls (the battle freezes when the minigame is activated, unless stated otherwise)
Mario= Mario Finale= a circle of fireballs appears on the screen, which the player must then spin in the given direction as fast as they can; the more rotations the player gets in 5 seconds, the stronger the attack
Toon Link= Triforce Slash= a First-Person view of the opponent in a triforce appears on the screen, which the player must then slash in whatever directions it gives; the more slashes the player gets in 5 seconds, the more slashes Toon Link does and the farther the opponent flies once the triforce breaks
Pikachu= Volt Tackle= Pikachu appears on the bottom screen for the player to rub as fast as he can for 3 seconds, with the power of the attack increasing as you build up more and more static via the rubbing; after the 3 seconds, the battle is unfrozen, Pikachu turns into a flying ball of electricity, and the player must chase down their opponents
Kirby= Cook Kirby= after the opponents are sucked into Kirby's stew, the player must stir the stew in the given directions as fast as they can for 5 seconds; the power and knockback of the move's climax are determined on how many rotations the player completes
Bowser= Giga Bowser= an evil cloud comes to the top of the touch screen with Bowser at the bottom; the player must draw a lightning bolt to hit Bowser, with a longer transformation time if it is a good enough drawing
Wario= Wario Man= 15 food items including 5 onions appear on the touch screen, as well as Wario?s mouth, and the player must drag up to 5 items into Wario?s mouth within 3 seconds; the player receives 3 seconds of Wario Man transformation for each onion, 2 seconds for each junk food, and 1 second for each healthy food
Jigglypuff=Puff Up= a pump appears, connected to Jigglypuff, which the player must then pump as big as they can for 3 seconds; after the three seconds, the player must say ?JIGGLY? into the microphone, with increased power for more volume
Deoxys= Psycho Boost= while the opponents continue to battle on the top screen, Deoxys appears on the bottom with a ball of psychic energy; the player then has five seconds to hurl seven energy balls towards the opponents on the top screen, with each ball being about the size of an average-sized character and having the power of a fully charged Shadow Ball
Sonic= Super Sonic= the seven chaos emeralds are scattered across the screen, and the player has five seconds to drag them to Sonic at the bottom of the screen to complete his transformation, with him gaining more attack power with each emerald collected
Sora= Final Form= the touch screen will randomly tell the player to either touch the screen, press a button, or blow into the microphone, giving the player only about a half of a second to do so; if the player succeeds, Sora gets 15 seconds of Final Form, if they pick the wrong button they get 5 seconds of Final Form and 10 seconds of Negative Form, and if they do nothing at they get 20 seconds of Negative Form

Newcomer Movesets
Tom Nook
Standard= Bell Toss= throws a sack of bells at the opponent; hold-charge it, and the bag will be bigger, stronger, and fly farther
Side= Tool Time= swings a random tool forward; Fishing Pole has long range but weak power, Net is good strength and reach but little knockback, Shovel has best knockback and good strength but weak range, and there's a 1-in-6 chance that he'll pull out the ultra powerful axe
Up= Construction= a small house (yes, a house!) pops up and sends Nook flying; like Dr. Wright's assist ability, but it only hurts opponents
Down= Pitfall= plants a pitfall trap; can only have up to 3 on the stage at a time
Final Smash= Clearance Sale= tons of furniture falls from the sky to damage opponents
Deoxys
Standard= Shadow Ball= same as Mewtwo's Standard Special
Side= Snatch= like Captain Falcon's Up Special, but instead of jumping up to grab enemies, he greatly extends his tentacles forward
Up= Teleport= same as Mewtwo's Up Special
Down= Psycho Shift= switches forms to change stats; Defense Form has weight equal to King Dedede, Attack Form has power equal to Ike, and Speed Form has speed equal to Sonic; all other stats, except height, are equal to Mario
Final Smash= Psycho Boost= all opponents are hit with powerful psychic blasts
Sora
Standard= Magic Blast= shoots a random blast of Fire, Blizzard, or Thunder magic straight forward.
Side= Sonic Blade= dashes forward to stab opponent; like Fox's Side Special, but without the illusions behind him
Up= Ars Arcanum= does three quick, upward slashes that lift him into the air
Down= Aeroga= like Fox's Down Special, but instead of reflecting projectiles, it blocks and sends damage back at anyone who attacks physically
Final Smash= Final Form= turns into his Final Form, complete with silver suit and dual keyblades Oathkeeper and Oblivion, and dashes to an opponent to do an attack that is an automatic KO; has a 1/4 percent chance of turning into Negative Form, in which case Sora has only 1/2 defense, 1/2 power and 2x speed for 10 seconds
Bowser J.R.
Standard= Fire ball= like Samus' Standard Special, except it's fire; does more damage from a distance
Side= Paint Smack= whips out his paint brush and slaps the opponent, covering them with damaging paint which stays on for 3 seconds
Up= Bullet ride= hops on a Bullet Bill and flies in the aimed direction, exploding upon contact with an enemy; after one second, if it doesn't hit someone, Bowser Jr. lets go and sends it flying in the aimed direction
Down=Hide!= hides in his shell; does damage to all who touch it, but doesn't protect from projectiles
Final Smash= Paint Pandimonium= pulls out his paint brush and covers the stage in paint, causing opponents to slip and constantly take damage, after which Bowser Jr. turns into Shadow Mario; paint will only disappear if it is touched, either by a person or a projectile
Shadow Mario
Standard= Paint Blob= like Samus' Standard Special, except it's paint; does more damage up close
Side= Paint Lunge= lame Bowser Jr.'s Side Special, but he moves in that direction
Up= Helicopter= spins his paint brush around and around over his head, propelling himself upward and injuring those who touch it
Down= Paint Splash= throws paint on the ground for as long as the button is held; the paint lasts for 10 seconds, damages opponents, and causes them to slip and fall
Final Smash= Scary Truth= if done in front of an opponent (can be more than one if they are nearby), he shoots a giant blob of paint that capures opponents and damages them for several seconds, after which he turns into Bowser Jr.
Eevee
Standard= Swift= shoots a small energy blast forward; hold-charge to increase power, speed, and size
Side= Take Down= dashes forward to hit an opponent
Up= Flash= like Sheik's Up Special but it goes farther
Down= Sand Attack= surrounds itself with a shield of sand to block and counter/reflect an attack; can't be held down like Fox's Reflector
Final Smash= Last Resort= all Eeveelutions dash around the stage to attack enemies

Eeveelution Factor
Alright, so here's the deal:  You can play as all 8 of Eevee's forms, or "Eeveelutions."  Now, you may be thinking, "What?  How do we have 8 Pokemon from the same evolutionary line?"  Well, it's simple:  they're costume changes.  When you change Eevee's "costume," it will change to resemble another form.  In addition to it's body, it's attacks will also change in name and appearance to match the Eeveelution you're playing as.  Eevee's moveset is listed above in the "Newcomer's Movesets" section, so here I'll just tell you how the move changes.  Oh, and for those who don't play Pokemon, the forms are:  Eevee (Normal), Vaporeon (Water), Jolteon (Electric), Flareon (Fire), Umbreon (Dark), Espeon (Psychic), Leafeon (Grass), and Glaceon (Ice).  So, without further adieu, here's the movesets:
Standard
Eevee= Swift= a star; Vaporeon= Bubble= a bubble; Jolteon= Charge Beam= electric ball; Flareon= Ember= fire ball; Umbreon= Dark Pulse= ball of dark energy; Espeon= Psychic= ball of pink energy; Leafeon= Energy Ball= ball of green energy; Glaceon= Ice Shard= an ice shard
Side
Eevee= Take Down= a simple tackle; Vaporeon= Aqua Jet= surrounded by water; Jolteon= Spark= surrounded by electricity; Flareon= Flare Blitz= surrounded by fire; Umbreon= Pursuit= surrounded by dark energy; Espeon= Secret Power= surrounded in multi-colored energy; Leafeon= Razor Leaf= surrounded by leaves; Glaceon= Avalanche= surrounded by ice and rocks
Up
Eevee= Flash= light blasts; Vaporeon= Water Pulse= water blasts; Jolteon= Thunder Wave= electric blasts; Flareon= Smog= damaging smoke; Umbreon= Faint Attack= dark blasts; Espeon= Future Sight= pink blasts; Leafeon= Magic Leaf= whirling glowing leaves; Glaceon= Blizzard= whirling snow and ice
Down
Eevee= Sand Attack= sand vortex; Vaporeon= Aqua Ring= water rings; Jolteon= Light Screen= yellow shield; Flareon= Fire Spin= flame vortex; Umbreon= Moonlight= black and white shield; Espeon= Morning Sun= pink and white shield; Leafeon= Grass Knot= grass shield; Glaceon= Icy Wind= fast-moving winds
Final Smash
Always the same.

Neerb

I just want to stress this one more time, since last time I did this, I had posters on the 4th page that were oblivious to the instructions:

READ FIRST POST

HTA!

Hmmm...
Nah, don't support this at all sorry.  ;)

Triforceman22

you do know a DS cartridge has alot smaller room than a double layred Wii disc?

If youre putting in more stuff thanbrawl, your going to need to break the game into parts....

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Neerb

Quote from: Triforceman22 on May 14, 2008, 02:03:25 PM

If youre putting in more stuff thanbrawl, your going to need to break the game into parts....

Hmmm...  Well, I wasn't planning on making it bigger than Brawl, but that makes me wonder...

Do you think that having Versions of Smash would work?  There could be version exclusive characters, stages, and maybe even minigames... like Pokemon does!  For example, only one game has Ray MK III, only one game has Olimar, but both games have Mario.

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 14, 2008, 02:08:52 PM

Hmmm...  Well, I wasn't planning on making it bigger than Brawl, but that makes me wonder...

Do you think that having Versions of Smash would work?  There could be version exclusive characters, stages, and maybe even minigames... like Pokemon does!  For example, only one game has Ray MK III, only one game has Olimar, but both games have Mario.

That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Triforceman22

Quote from: Darklink on May 14, 2008, 02:22:29 PM

So, I guess you don't like poke'mon...

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Triforceman22 on May 14, 2008, 02:31:08 PM

I do. Smash isn't made for something like that at all though. Making the idea retarded.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Triforceman22

Quote from: Darklink on May 14, 2008, 02:32:57 PM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on May 14, 2008, 02:31:08 PM

I do. Smash isn't made for something like that at all though. Making the idea retarded.

but I doubt it's the worse idea youv'e ever heard.

HTA!

SkyMyl

Mario
Bowser
Wario: Maybe...
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra : ^_^
Lucas
Lucario: I prefer Mewtwo over him.
R.O.B
Luigi: For the 4th time in a row, why not?
Ray MK III: Too small.
Mew: NO. I prefer Mewtwo over Mew.
Falco: Cool.
Ridley: If you all think he can fit on a TV screen when he's massive, what is making you think he will fit on a DS screen!?
Meta Knight: A returner...cool!
Mr. Game & Watch: Sure.
Tom Nook: HELL NO, [Remainder of comment has been censored]
Claus: We have Lucas and Ness, I don't think that we need more Mother characters.
Banjo & Kazooie: Undecided.
Sonic: Maybe...
Sora: Erm, no.

Read my comments.

JrDude

I read the important stuff of the first post. But it will never happen.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 14, 2008, 02:38:48 PM
That idea is stupid >_<
Sorry, but it is.
Don't post in it then, it has my full support, and is within the confines of the rules, so, if it isn't up to your standards, leave.

As for a complaint about disc space, isn't there a rumor the DS may get a harddrive? Or perhaps a new system will come out? I recall hearing about the DS' own VC lineup, and this alone could resolve that issue.

BOSSNIG

Quote from: mackormoses on May 14, 2008, 03:55:41 PM
That idea is stupid >_<
Sorry, but it is.
Don't post in it then, it has my full support, and is within the confines of the rules, so, if it isn't up to your standards, leave.

As for a complaint about disc space, isn't there a rumor the DS may get a harddrive? Or perhaps a new system will come out? I recall hearing about the DS' own VC lineup, and this alone could resolve that issue.

A new DS is coming out without the GBA slot. I don't believe a DS HD is ever going to exist, besides the Games n' Music thing.
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

HTA!

Quote from: mackormoses on May 14, 2008, 03:55:41 PM
That idea is stupid >_<
Sorry, but it is.

Aha, but now you missed the context o leader of the smash board.

That was in response to it having multiple installments with different characters.

So I win eh?