News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Super Smash Bros DS Thread (read first post)

Started by Neerb, May 14, 2008, 01:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Nice idea, and if it came with a Memory Expansion Pak/Rumble Pak and used the biggest DS cartridge they can make, which is 1 GB, potentially, it could work.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Quote from: Darklink on May 17, 2008, 09:35:06 AM
May I point out that KH is a Sony Franchise. No Sora. I know there is a GBA game.

May I point out that KH is NOT a Sony franchise:  they have a GBA game now, and they're coming out with a DS game (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days).  KH is a Square Enix / Disney franchise, so as long as Nintendo can get their permission, it should be fine.  And it shouldn't be that hard to get their permission, either--Nintendo and Square are somewhat close.  In fact, didn't the first Final Fantasy game come out on Famicon?

@ Darkmario:  I like the CTF mode.  *adding*

Two new objectives: 
1.  We need people to come up with 3 titles--one title for if it's a single game, and two more titles in case it's divided into two versions.
2.  Should there be an Adventure mode?  If so, should it have a story?  Please answer, and provide a story if you think there should be one.

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 17, 2008, 10:08:28 AM
May I point out that KH is a Sony Franchise. No Sora. I know there is a GBA game.

May I point out that KH is NOT a Sony franchise:  they have a GBA game now, and they're coming out with a DS game (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days).  KH is a Square Enix / Disney franchise, so as long as Nintendo can get their permission, it should be fine.  And it shouldn't be that hard to get their permission, either--Nintendo and Square are somewhat close.  In fact, didn't the first Final Fantasy game come out on Famicon?

Two new objectives: 
1.  We need people to come up with 3 titles--one title for if it's a single game, and two more titles in case it's divided into two versions.
2.  Should there be an Adventure mode?  If so, should it have a story?  Please answer, and provide a story if you think there should be one.

Are you intercourse ing dense?
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

darkmario

May I point out that KH is NOT a Sony franchise:  they have a GBA game now, and they're coming out with a @ Darkmario:  I like the CTF mode.  *adding*
Woot!If only more han 4 people can play though.....

Two new objectives: 
How about Super Smash Bros. Wars.
And for the versions
Super smash bros. war of time.
Super smash bros. war of space

Neerb

Quote from: darkmario on May 17, 2008, 10:32:10 AM
May I point out that KH is NOT a Sony franchise:  they have a GBA game now, and they're coming out with a @ Darkmario:  I like the CTF mode.  *adding*

Two new objectives: 
And for the versions

Time and Space?  Eh, too Pokemon-ish. 

Neerb

Quote from: Darklink on May 17, 2008, 10:22:04 AM

Two new objectives: 

Are you f***ing dense?

No, I was simply repeating the fact that they already have a game, since you obviously didn't pay attention to the second part of your own post, seeing as how it contradicts the first part of your post.

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 17, 2008, 10:43:56 AM
Quote from: Darklink on May 17, 2008, 10:22:04 AM

Two new objectives: 

Are you f***ing dense?

No, I was simply repeating the fact that they already have a game, since you obviously didn't pay attention to the second part of your own post, seeing as how it contradicts the first part of your post.

No, it doesn't.

Just because a game is on a competitors system doesn't mean it's not another's game.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

darkmario

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 17, 2008, 10:37:26 AM
Quote from: darkmario on May 17, 2008, 10:32:10 AM

Two new objectives: 
And for the versions

Time and Space?  Eh, too Pokemon-ish. 
Yeah thats were i got it from.
How bout war of time and darkness  ;)
That was a joke.

i ment
War of the smash sage.
War of the smash warrior.

Thats a title and a storyline.
The story could be that a new villan,stronger than tabuu,has taken over the smash world.
So the  try to revive the smash warrior/sage to help them defeat the new foe.

Or it could be that the smash warrior/sage is the new villan.

I also thought of a new mode boss wars where you play as bosses and you fight other bosses(yes iknow its random)

Reason for Edit: Replaced  "-" with hr tag.

Neerb

@ Darkmario:  No Boss Wars.  Sage and Warrior might be good titles, but there's still something about it... namely the "sage" part.  "Sage" wouldn't really suit the smash series.

@ Darklink:  *remembers B&K Advance*  Okay, there are some exceptions to the rule, but still, in this particular instance, I don't think Square Enix or Disney are owned by Sony.  And I don't think they promised the KH series to Sony either, otherwise they'd just put 358/2 Days on PSP along with Birth By Sleep.  If you have a link to where it says KH is owned by Sony, please provide it.  Until then, Sora remains a possibility for Smash.  Not to mention, even if Sony DID own KH, they still might let Nintendo borrow Sora for Smash, seeing as how he's already made it on a Nintendo system once (twice if he makes a cameo in 358/2 Days).  Likewise, I hope Microsoft lends Banjo and Kazooie for a Smash, but it's unlikely.   :(

darkmario

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 17, 2008, 01:22:39 PM
@ Darkmario:  No Boss Wars.  Sage and Warrior might be good titles, but there's still something about it... namely the "sage" part.  "Sage" wouldn't really suit the smash series.
Do you mean the word sage,or the idea of magic in general?

Neerb

Quote from: darkmario on May 17, 2008, 01:29:12 PM

The word.  Sage doesn't sound very violent.

Although, I guess I'm also referring to magic.  I mean, very few people in Smash use magic (Psychic and Magic are different).

Kilroy

Quote from: mackormoses on May 14, 2008, 03:55:41 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 14, 2008, 02:38:48 PM
That idea is stupid >_<
Sorry, but it is.
Don't post in it then, it has my full support, and is within the confines of the rules, so, if it isn't up to your standards, leave.

As for a complaint about disc space, isn't there a rumor the DS may get a harddrive? Or perhaps a new system will come out? I recall hearing about the DS' own VC lineup, and this alone could resolve that issue.
If Nintendo gives a intercourse ing portable system a Hard drive, not something like a flash drive, a Hard Drive, before the Wii, I will figure out how to do a Falcon Punch in real life, then Falcon Punch whoever came up with the idea of giving the DS an HDD before the Wii.

Also, on topic. I like the idea, but it just... wouldn't work >_> Again, not enough space, and we all know Nintendo would intercourse  up Online play.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

darkmario

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 17, 2008, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: darkmario on May 17, 2008, 01:29:12 PM

The word.  Sage doesn't sound very violent.

Although, I guess I'm also referring to magic.  I mean, very few people in Smash use magic (Psychic and Magic are different).
Hmm well now that i look at it,it dosent sound much like smash.
Then i guess the other name would be a warrior but different name and style,like a knight or a ninja,but ninjas dont seem like smash either.
So,in other words,i'm stumped so i'll just keep thinking about other things besides the name.

Neerb

Maybe we could just go with colors or something.  Super Smash Bros. War: Red and Blue!

BOSSNIG

@ Darklink:  *remembers B&K Advance*  Okay, there are some exceptions to the rule, but still, in this particular instance, I don't think Square Enix or Disney are owned by Sony.  And I don't think they promised the KH series to Sony either, otherwise they'd just put 358/2 Days on PSP along with Birth By Sleep.  If you have a link to where it says KH is owned by Sony, please provide it.  Until then, Sora remains a possibility for Smash.  Not to mention, even if Sony DID own KH, they still might let Nintendo borrow Sora for Smash, seeing as how he's already made it on a Nintendo system once (twice if he makes a cameo in 358/2 Days).  Likewise, I hope Microsoft lends Banjo and Kazooie for a Smash, but it's unlikely.   :(

Microsoft and Nintendo seem to be slightly allying. If Goldenye 007 got on the XBLA it would have been on the Wii for download also. B&K coould possibly appear in a Smash game.
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER