Main Menu

The Super Smash Bros DS Thread (read first post)

Started by Neerb, May 14, 2008, 01:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Can anyone suggest any Final Smash minigames for the touch-screen?  I've added Mario's, Toon Link's, Pikachu's, and Kirby's on the first post.

darkmario

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 17, 2008, 07:08:02 PM
Can anyone suggest any Final Smash minigames for the touch-screen?  I've added Mario's, Toon Link's, Pikachu's, and Kirby's on the first post.
I got some:
Bowser=A evil cloud comes to the top of the T.S. and bowser at the bottom.You have to draw a thunder bolt to hit bowser.(From melee,where lightning hits bowser and he turns into giga bowser)The more better you draw it the longer it stays.
I'll edit with more later,cus my mom keeps calling me.

darkmario

Quote from: darkmario on May 19, 2008, 12:56:20 PM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 17, 2008, 07:08:02 PM
I got some:
Bowser=A evil cloud comes to the top of the T.S. and bowser at the bottom.You have to draw a thunder bolt to hit bowser.(From melee,where lightning hits bowser and he turns into giga bowser)The more better you draw it the longer it stays.
I'll edit with more later,cus my mom keeps calling me.
Any way here are the rest:
Jigglypuff=It will show a bike pump connected to jiggs,you have 3 seconds to pump as much as you can.When she gets as big as she can you have to yell ''JIGGLY!!'' into the mic.

Mew=It will show the map with all of the characters,while the game is going.It will show 6 shadow balls on the T.S. you have to drag them on you opponts.(more than one on one person for more damage)

Sonic=The chaos emeralds are scatterd across the screen.You have to find them,and drag them to the middle of the screen.

Sora=(The hardest one)Okay sora needs to use his drive right?But in smash he needs to do a specific task.The T.S. will randmoly tell him as soon as the mini-game starts to either:Touch the screen,press a button or blow into the mic. This is hard because you only have a REALY short amount of time.If you do what the T.S. says,you get 15-20 seconds of final form,if you pick the wrong one you get 5 seconds of final form and 8 seconds of negative form.If you pick nothing at all you go right into negative form for 20 seconds.

Wario=There will be a variety of foods on the T.S.,simply pick the onion before time runs out.
10-20 if onion
5-10 if nasty food(Good for wario)
0-5 if healthy food.

Neerb

Alright, I've decided that the names for the versions will be Super Smash Brothers Slam and Super Smash Brothers Blast.  I will be determining which characters are version exclusive or multi-version, and this will all be posted on the first post.  If anyone has anything to add or change, please let me know.

Oh, and I added your Final Smashes, Darkmario.

Allegretto

Link isent a character

what
the
f***

Seriously even if I wasent the biggest Link fan boy ever This would still piss me off, if your going to take a character out make it one that hasent been in the smash series since the original on the 64

QingXin

Cool... Here's my "speculation"...

Possible Titles...

Super Smash Bros. DS
- Go originality...

Super Smash Bros. Rumble
- A fitting name, noting all the havoc the game has to offer.

Super Smash Bros. Clash
- It might be a stretch, but it fits fine.

Super Smash Bros. Showdown
- I don't see this one, but it still has its chances...

Controls

L/R (Shoulder Buttons)
- Shielding
- In sync with a direction, perform rolls and dodges

Directional Pad
- Movement (Left, Right, Jumping, Crouching)
- In sync with Normal Attacks, perform Strong Attacks (Lightly tap the direction) and Smash Attacks (Press down on the direction quick and hard)

Y/X
- Jumping
- Tap quickly to perform a Short Jump
- Hold in to perform a High Jump

B
- Normal Attacks
- In sync with a direction, perform Strong Attacks (Lightly tap the direction) and Smash Attacks (Press down on the direction quick and hard)

A
- Special Attacks
- In sync with a direction, perform Neutral, Up, Down, and Smash Special Attacks

SELECT
- Taunt
- In sync with a direction, perform Up, Down, or Side taunts

START
- Pause
- Use the Directional Pad to rotate the camera, use X and Y to zoom in or out, and press either R or L in sync with a direction to slide the camera. Press B to take a picture, and Press A to remove on-screen instructions.
- Press L + R + A + START to perform an in-game reset and end a match early.

Screen

Players are able to choose which screen to play on. The screen opposite of the gameplay screen displays time,  type of match, and damage percentages.

The Touch Screen will always display the menu, and is used to also navigate through it.

Characters

People who aren't participating...

- Wolf
- Zero Suit Samus
- King Dedede
- Snake
- Pokemon Trainer
- R.O.B.
- Toon Link[/spoiler]

Newcomers...

- Ridley (Has been urging for a spot for far too long)
- Samurai Goroh (Same story as Ridley)
- King K. Rool (Deserved a rightful spot already...)
- Ray SB (SB means "Smash Bros.", as in a Ray model just for Smash Bros.)
- Apollo Justice (A little CAPCOM representation along with a DS zing...)[/spoiler]

That's a 33 character roster... It may or may not be enough for the DS to support, but it seems like a likely amount  :|

I might have movelists later...

Stages

- Kremling Deck (Donkey Kong)
- Unknown Dungeon (Pokemon)
- Bowser's Castle (Mario
- Courtroom (Ace Attorney)
- Robo Arena (Custom Robo)
- And more...

JrDude

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 19, 2008, 04:48:52 PM
Alright, I've decided that the names for the versions will be Super Smash Brothers Slam and Super Smash Brothers Blast.  I will be determining which characters are version exclusive or multi-version, and this will all be posted on the first post.  If anyone has anything to add or change, please let me know.

Oh, and I added your Final Smashes, Darkmario.
You're acting like it's gonna be a real game.
[move][/move]
Dude .

QingXin

Oh, here's some Final Smash speculations...

Mario: Mario Finale
- As Mario charges up, draw a relative path for the fireballs to follow.

Luigi: Negative Zone
- Characters caught in the zone will have scribbles on them. It's your job to follow those scribbles with the Stylus. As you scribble, Luigi will dance along with the motions. After accomplishing the scribbles on one character, they will go flying.

Peach: Peach Blossom
- When it is unleashed, the whole stage will be shown onscreen. Use the Stylus to draw a patch for roses to follow. As they run into enemies, they will be launched back, making peaches land in Peach's vincinity.

Bowser: Giga Bowser
- An outline of a thunderbolt will be displayed towards Bowser. The set time is 20 seconds, and for each second you take to trace the bolt, that same amount of time will be subtracted from the 20 seconds of transformation.

Donkey Kong: Kongo Beat
- DK takes out his bongos. Tap the bongos in coordination with the beat to send out huge shockwaves.

Diddy Kong: Rocket Barrel Blast
- Diddy Kong rides his Rocket Barrel off the screen, and appears at the front, in a third person perspective. Touch the screen to fire peanuts in that area.

King K. Rool: Bombs Away
- King K. Rool jumps off the screen, and sails from the side onboard a pirate ship. Use the Stylus to aim and fire cannonballs at enemies.

Yoshi: Super Dragon
- Use the stylus to maneuver around and tap an opponent to send a homing fireball in their direction.

Wario: Wario Man
- A mound of garlic will appear next to Wario. In the allotted time, drag them towards Wario's open mouth for a longer transformation. Each clove counts towards 2 seconds of transformation.

Link: Triforce Slash
- Link traps the opponent in the Triforce, and the perspective switches to Link's first person view. Follow the slashing cues onscreen with the Stylus to as many slashes as possible before the allotted time runs out and Link performs the final blow.

Zelda/Sheik: Light Arrow
- Zelda/Sheik jump offscreen and appear on the front in a third person view. Using the Stylus, aim and tap an area to have Zelda/Sheik fire a 1-hit KO shot. Best to fire at a group.

Ganondorf: Beast Ganon
- Ganondorf transforms into Ganon. Using the Stylus, drag it up and down onscreen to have Ganon stomp the ground with huge tremors, followed by a final cue to rapidly perform circular patterns onscreen to charge up Ganon's final rush.

That's it for now...

ALSO!!! Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are all from Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass. Since there really was no Adult Link on the DS, it doesn't make sense to have him in here, does it?

Allegretto

[quote

ALSO!!! Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are all from Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass. Since there really was no Adult Link on the DS, it doesn't make sense to have him in here, does it?

[/quote]
Yes it does because he has been a main character in the smash series for years, it doesent make since to take him off

Neerb

Fine, no Toon stuff.  And "Slam" has been replaced with "Rumble" as one of the titles.  Oh, and I just added a lot of stuff to the first post, including this...

New idea (warning, will recieve contradictions and possibly flames) taken directly out of my first post, which I just finished editing for a long time:

Eevee
Standard= Swift= shoots a small energy blast forward; hold-charge to increase power, speed, and size
Side= Take Down= dashes forward to hit an opponent
Up= Flash= like Sheik's Up Special but it goes farther
Down= Sand Attack= surrounds itself with a shield of sand to block and counter/reflect an attack; can't be held down like Fox's Reflector
Final Smash= Last Resort= all Eeveelutions dash around the stage to attack enemies

Eeveelution Factor
Alright, so here's the deal:  You can play as all 8 of Eevee's forms, or "Eeveelutions."  Now, you may be thinking, "What?  How do we have 8 Pokemon from the same evolutionary line?"  Well, it's simple:  they're costume changes.  When you change Eevee's "costume," it will change to resemble another form.  In addition to it's body, it's attacks will also change in name and appearance to match the Eeveelution you're playing as.  Eevee's moveset is listed above in the "Newcomer's Movesets" section, so here I'll just tell you how the move changes.  Oh, and for those who don't play Pokemon, the forms are:  Eevee (Normal), Vaporeon (Water), Jolteon (Electric), Flareon (Fire), Umbreon (Dark), Espeon (Psychic), Leafeon (Grass), and Glaceon (Ice).  So, without further adieu, here's the movesets:
Standard
Eevee= Swift= a star; Vaporeon= Bubble= a bubble; Jolteon= Charge Beam= electric ball; Flareon= Ember= fire ball; Umbreon= Dark Pulse= ball of dark energy; Espeon= Psychic= ball of pink energy; Leafeon= Energy Ball= ball of green energy; Glaceon= Ice Shard= an ice shard
Side
Eevee= Take Down= a simple tackle; Vaporeon= Aqua Jet= surrounded by water; Jolteon= Spark= surrounded by electricity; Flareon= Flare Blitz= surrounded by fire; Umbreon= Pursuit= surrounded by dark energy; Espeon= Secret Power= surrounded in multi-colored energy; Leafeon= Razor Leaf= surrounded by leaves; Glaceon= Avalanche= surrounded by ice and rocks
Up
Eevee= Flash= light blasts; Vaporeon= Water Pulse= water blasts; Jolteon= Thunder Wave= electric blasts; Flareon= Smog= damaging smoke; Umbreon= Faint Attack= dark blasts; Espeon= Future Sight= pink blasts; Leafeon= Magic Leaf= whirling glowing leaves; Glaceon= Blizzard= whirling snow and ice
Down
Eevee= Sand Attack= sand vortex; Vaporeon= Aqua Ring= water rings; Jolteon= Light Screen= yellow shield; Flareon= Fire Spin= flame vortex; Umbreon= Moonlight= black and white shield; Espeon= Morning Sun= pink and white shield; Leafeon= Grass Knot= grass shield; Glaceon= Icy Wind= fast-moving winds
Final Smash
Always the same.

Someguy13

I think that if there is a smash bros on the DS it will be a remake of smash 64 but with online. Frankly I owuldent complain.

Neerb

Quote from: Someguy13 on May 19, 2008, 07:22:41 PM
I think that if there is a smash bros on the DS it will be a remake of smash 64 but with online. Frankly I owuldent complain.

True, I'd by that in a heart-beat for $50.  But right now I'm making up a new Smash game, not a remake.

darkmario

Slam has more characters than rumble.

New item:
Plumbers wing cap=Its like the wing cap from "Mario 64";When a character wares it they fly like super sonic.(Not as fast,its basicly how fast the character runs or walks.)While they are in the air they dont do arial attacks the do there ground attacks,just in the air.

Neerb

Quote from: darkmario on May 20, 2008, 04:00:25 PM
Slam has more characters than rumble.

You mean Rumble has more than Blast?  I wasn't counting Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario as two characters, and besides, Blast has Eevee, who is essentially 8 clones, if you read the thing I posted about it.  So it sorta evens out... sorta.

darkmario

Final smash:Ike
The touch screen will show 3 buttons punch,kick,and slice.You have to tap the button that apears on the top screen.(you only get a half-second)Get more right to get more damage.

I have two newcomers:Dry bowser=This is what happens after bowsers F.S. He turns into Dry bowser.
Standard=Mind your head=Bowser throws his head at you,while its on fire!! Hold the button longer to go farther.Note if his head is flying and you press b he teleports to his head.Also as soon as it hits,he gets his head back.

Side=Dry bonse=He throws a dry bones at you.If it dosen't hit it walks around.(The same as a koopa in the SSE,but dead)

Down=Fall a part=What the name says when he is apart he cant be hurt and if you walk over any bone you take damage.Last as long as rock kirby.

Up=Tower=Koopas tower under him to push him upward.

F.s.=Same as bowser,after which, he turns into him.
The other newcomer is king boo,good or bad idea?after you reply i'll post a move set.

To evryone who dosent like the idea,dont post in the thread!.