News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The Super Smash Bros DS Thread (read first post)

Started by Neerb, May 14, 2008, 01:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Water ☮

in response to all the items and characters: it doesn't matter what's in the game but will it fit?
memory will obviously be a big issue.
wouldn't something like the DS browser's memory expansion thing work?

Also to everyone who doesn't like the idea: You know you would all buy it in a heart beat if its made!!
*shame*

I support/approve this thread!!

Neerb

Whoa, positive feedback!  There wasn't any of that last time I made this thread!

Anyway, does anyone besides Hector think the Version idea is a good way to solve the memory problem?

Also, to Master Young Link, Ray MKIII may be small in the Custom Robo games, but they could easily resize him.  Need proof?  How about Olimar:  he's only 1" tall in his games, yet in Smash he's almost as big as Mario!  I think Ridley could be shrunk down to Bowser size quite nicely, just like in Melee's opening cutscene.

captainjacksparrow

YOUR FORGETTING THE MIGHTY SNAKE
also i like the version idea.

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 14, 2008, 07:18:55 PM
Whoa, positive feedback!  There wasn't any of that last time I made this thread!

Anyway, does anyone besides Hector think the Version idea is a good way to solve the memory problem?

Also, to Master Young Link, Ray MKIII may be small in the Custom Robo games, but they could easily resize him.  Need proof?  How about Olimar:  he's only 1" tall in his games, yet in Smash he's almost as big as Mario!  I think Ridley could be shrunk down to Bowser size quite nicely, just like in Melee's opening cutscene.

The version idea is the most reatrded I have ever heard.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Cornwad

Mew will never be playable :(
And I would be surprised if Brawl was Sakurai's last Smash. He will probably make another one in five or so years.

You have Sora there, but not Eggplant Wizard  ????

Mutilator7

Quote from: Cornwad on May 15, 2008, 12:32:14 PM
Mew will never be playable :(
And I would be surprised if Brawl was Sakurai's last Smash. He will probably make another one in five or so years.

You have Sora there, but not Eggplant Wizard  ????

if he does, depending on when the next nintendo console comes out, it will be for wii or for the new console, a ds installment would really urge me to go and buy a ds lite

darkmario

Smash bros. for ds.Good  idea.
Version exclusives.Meh,why not.

Anyhoo,heres my character.

Bowser J.R.
Standard-Fire ball-Like samus' blast,exept fire and it hurts more from a distance.

Side-Paint smack-whips out his paint brush and slashes you with it.And paint hits you.

Down-Hide!-Hides in his shell,dose damage if you touch it or attack it physicly.

Up-Bullet ride-Hops on a bullet bill,and rides it where ever you move it and explodes on contact.But it only moves up and down in the direction you used it.(like meta knights up B.)

Final smash-Paint pandimonium-He pulls out his paint brush and splaters paint on every surface.Foes get damaged and slip untill it goes away.And with all that paint bowser j.r.  turns into shadow mario.(Like with samus' fs.)

Shadow mario.
Standard-Paint blob-Charges up a giant paint blob and shoots it.Dose more damage up close.

Side-Same as bowser j.r. but he moves in that direction.

Down-Paint splash-Shoots paint on the ground.Damages opponents and causes them to slip and fall.Lasts for about 20-30 seconds.Hold the button longer for more paint.

Up-Helicopter-Spins his paint brush around and around over his head and propels himself upward like a helicopter.

Final smash-Scary truth-If done in front of an opponent(can be more than one if there all on the ame ground.)he shoots a giant blop of paint that capures opponents and damages them for several seconds.Then he turns back into bowser j.r.

Other notes:
Shadow mario is  a bit taller than mario.

Shadow mario can be selected from the start(like zelda/sheik).

Macawmoses

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 14, 2008, 03:59:21 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on May 14, 2008, 03:55:41 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 14, 2008, 02:38:48 PM
That idea is stupid >_<
Sorry, but it is.
Don't post in it then, it has my full support, and is within the confines of the rules, so, if it isn't up to your standards, leave.

As for a complaint about disc space, isn't there a rumor the DS may get a harddrive? Or perhaps a new system will come out? I recall hearing about the DS' own VC lineup, and this alone could resolve that issue.
Aha, but now you missed the context o leader of the smash board.

That was in response to it having multiple installments with different characters.

So I win eh?

No.

Neerb

Quote from: darkmario on May 15, 2008, 03:13:16 PM

Bowser J.R.
Standard-Fire ball-Like samus' blast,exept fire and it hurts more from a distance.

Side-Paint smack-whips out his paint brush and slashes you with it.And paint hits you.

Down-Hide!-Hides in his shell,dose damage if you touch it or attack it physicly.

Up-Bullet ride-Hops on a bullet bill,and rides it where ever you move it and explodes on contact.But it only moves up and down in the direction you used it.(like meta knights up B.)

Final smash-Paint pandimonium-He pulls out his paint brush and splaters paint on every surface.Foes get damaged and slip untill it goes away.And with all that paint bowser j.r.  turns into shadow mario.(Like with samus' fs.)

Shadow mario.
Standard-Paint blob-Charges up a giant paint blob and shoots it.Dose more damage up close.

Down-Paint splash-Shoots paint on the ground.Damages opponents and causes them to slip and fall.Lasts for about 20-30 seconds.Hold the button longer for more paint.

Up-Helicopter-Spins his paint brush around and around over his head and propels himself upward like a helicopter.

Final smash-Scary truth-If done in front of an opponent(can be more than one if there all on the ame ground.)he shoots a giant blop of paint that capures opponents and damages them for several seconds.Then he turns back into bowser j.r.

Other notes:

Sweet, I'll add it!  Although, 20-30 seconds is awfully long for Shadow Mario's Down B, and if Bowser Jr. made it in the game at all, it would probably be as a version exclusive (that is, if there ARE versions).

Hey, does anyone know how the game would use the dual/touch screen?  Cause I can't think of anything. 

And for those complaining about Mew, he's actually part of the theme.  You see, because it's on DS, I tried to give it a small, DS-ish theme, so it has Toon Link INSTEAD of Adult Link, Toon Zelda/Tetra INSTEAD of Adult Zelda/Shiek, and Mew INSTEAD of Mewtwo.  Of course, if you guys would prefere Mewtwo, I could put him in instead, but I'm getting rid of Lucario if that happens:  I think he and Mewtwo are just a bit too similar to be in the same Smash (NO CLONES!).

darkmario

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 15, 2008, 03:24:47 PM
Quote from: darkmario on May 15, 2008, 03:13:16 PM

Bowser J.R.

Shadow mario.

Other notes:

Sweet, I'll add it!  Although, 20-30 seconds is awfully long for Shadow Mario's Down B, and if Bowser Jr. made it in the game at all, it would probably be as a version exclusive (that is, if there ARE versions).

Hey, does anyone know how the game would use the dual/touch screen?  Cause I can't think of anything. 

And for those complaining about Mew, he's actually part of the theme.  You see, because it's on DS, I tried to give it a small, DS-ish theme, so it has Toon Link INSTEAD of Adult Link, Toon Zelda/Tetra INSTEAD of Adult Zelda/Shiek, and Mew INSTEAD of Mewtwo.  Of course, if you guys would prefere Mewtwo, I could put him in instead, but I'm getting rid of Lucario if that happens:  I think he and Mewtwo are just a bit too similar to be in the same Smash (NO CLONES!).
Okay how bout 10-15 or just 5-10.
And it can be version exlusive.

And for the two screens.

Uh some stages can be so big they need both screens.And the mic can be another way to jump.

Ooh a gots a better idea:The game makes the players take turns to activate ceartin stage effects(Flip,change setting ect.)and when its your turn you choose when to activate it.

For example say your fighting in twilight town when its your turn the touch screen will have several buttons for different effects(when its your turn)Like make heartless apear or change to night time ect. and at the top it would say blow into the touch screen,to make wind blow.Or to talk and your voice would make a sonic boom.

Oh and for your problem with big and small character problem make the two versions with different size characters. Bad idea,what i ment was make clones but in diferent versions.

darkmario

Oh and i thought of a new game mode.

Capture the flag!!!!!
Heres how it works:
There is one long field about 2 hyrule temples put together(with obsticles)
And there are two teams.(Can be 3 or 4 if you want there to be solo or 3 on one teams)
Get hit real hard to loose the flag.
Oh and the screen scrolls for you only.The bottom screen can be a map to show the flags and other players.

HTA!

Quote from: mackormoses on May 15, 2008, 03:16:44 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 14, 2008, 03:59:21 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on May 14, 2008, 03:55:41 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 14, 2008, 02:38:48 PM
That idea is stupid >_<
Sorry, but it is.
Don't post in it then, it has my full support, and is within the confines of the rules, so, if it isn't up to your standards, leave.

As for a complaint about disc space, isn't there a rumor the DS may get a harddrive? Or perhaps a new system will come out? I recall hearing about the DS' own VC lineup, and this alone could resolve that issue.
Aha, but now you missed the context o leader of the smash board.

That was in response to it having multiple installments with different characters.

So I win eh?

No.
Yes?
Now we are spamming, stop it mack.  :|

Neerb

I don't know, Darkmario... That stage control thing seems a bit to out-there.  I mean, would you have a map on the bottom screen during one-screen battles?  What about stages that take up two screens?  Plus, would you have time to be hitting the touch-screen in a Smash battle?  As for the mic thing, that would require way too much blowing/yelling/etc. to be worth while.

OOH, how about this:  What if Final Smashes are done via the touch screen?  Like, you get the Smash Ball, you press B to use it, and then it activates a character-specific mini-game!  Example:  for Toon Link's Triforce Slash, a First-Person view of the opponent in a triforce appears on the touch-screen, and then it tells you to swipe with your stylus in a direction.  You do that, and then it tells you to slash in another direction, and another, and another, and you keep doing it until time runs out, which is when it does the final slash!

darkmario

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on May 17, 2008, 07:25:21 AM
I don't know, Darkmario... That stage control thing seems a bit to out-there.  I mean, would you have a map on the bottom screen during one-screen battles?  What about stages that take up two screens?  Plus, would you have time to be hitting the touch-screen in a Smash battle?  As for the mic thing, that would require way too much blowing/yelling/etc. to be worth while.

OOH, how about this:  What if Final Smashes are done via the touch screen?  Like, you get the Smash Ball, you press B to use it, and then it activates a character-specific mini-game!  Example:  for Toon Link's Triforce Slash, a First-Person view of the opponent in a triforce appears on the touch-screen, and then it tells you to swipe with your stylus in a direction.  You do that, and then it tells you to slash in another direction, and another, and another, and you keep doing it until time runs out, which is when it does the final slash!
Awsome idea,i got one for Mario.
There is a small circle in the middle,and around 6 or seven fire balls around it.You have to pull the fire balls into the circle.(<-while he's charging his fs)But you have 3-4 seconds to do it.The more fire balls the stronger his fs.

But what do you think about my Capture the flag idea?

BOSSNIG

May I point out that KH is a Sony Franchise. No Sora. I know there is a GBA game.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER