Main Menu

It's official. Obama is a poopty president.

Started by Lohn Jocke, April 14, 2009, 08:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

Custom

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK
OBAMA

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Ezlo

Quote from: Dr. Feelgood on April 16, 2009, 07:52:23 PM
Quote from: Ezlo on April 16, 2009, 07:41:36 PM
so why is this being blamed on obama again
This has been going on since the Bush administration, but it was never passed.

Obama's been in office for 4 months, and look, it's been passed.
Source confirming it's been passed?

Friendly Hostile

ITT we use poopty sources as an excuse to whine about Obama.  Proper source in the next 5 posts or this gets locked.

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 16, 2009, 09:59:20 PM
ITT we use poopty sources as an excuse to whine about Obama.  Proper source in the next 5 posts or this gets locked.

Here

Obama was in office from 1/20/09 and beyond. The request was dated 1/31/09. You do the math.

Huffington Post. James Love is in charge of the group that filed the FOIA request, and the organization that he runs was founded by Nader. The request was denied. Existence of ACTA confirmed. Existence of something about the treaty that the government doesn't want the public to know? Confirmed.

And being that it's labeled as a state secret, we'll never know for sure whether it's passed or not unless someone leaks the documents. Ezlo's point stands.

Ezlo

Looks like ACTA has been in the works for months.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on April 16, 2009, 10:08:02 PM
Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 16, 2009, 09:59:20 PM

Here

Huffington Post. James Love is in charge of the group that filed the FOIA request, and the organization that he runs was founded by Nader. The request was denied. Existence of ACTA confirmed. Existence of something about the treaty that the government doesn't want the public to know? Confirmed.

And being that it's labeled as a state secret, we'll never know for sure whether it's passed or not unless someone leaks the documents.
If there's enough pressure mounted by the public, they may end up revealing it.  Also, I noticed the executive order cited in that article was issued by Clinton, though I'm not sure of  the relevence on that.  Do executive orders pass over from president to president?

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 16, 2009, 10:17:21 PM
Do executive orders pass over from president to president?
Yes.

Quote from: Ezlo on April 16, 2009, 10:16:54 PM
It's been around since at least Bush. I'm totally not placing all of the blame on Obama for this by any means.

Ezlo

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Ezlo on April 16, 2009, 10:23:14 PM
so this definitely hasnt been passed
No, it means that it's impossible to know whether it's been ratified because it's considered a governmental secret.

Ezlo

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on April 16, 2009, 10:24:45 PM
No, it means that it's impossible to know whether it's been ratified because it's considered a governmental secret.
isnt it still in talks with other nations

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Ezlo on April 16, 2009, 10:28:57 PM
Quote from: PsychoYoshi on April 16, 2009, 10:24:45 PM
isnt it still in talks with other nations

Good point. This still isn't preventing the US from beginning to implement machinery that it believes will allow it to carry out things in the agreement, though. I realize that previous sentence is mere speculation on my part, but being that the US is one of the two major authors of the treaty, they're going to have the largest say over what's in it or not. And being that it's a so-called "national security" issue, they can pull money to create the things needed to enforce (the latest draft of) ACTA out of the black budget.

Jono2

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on April 16, 2009, 10:21:28 PM
Yes.

It's been around since at least Bush. I'm totally not placing all of the blame on Obama for this by any means.

you can't put all of the blame on Obama, but you can put a fairly large chunk of it, seeing as how 4 months into his new job, this has already come up again, if not passed.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Ezlo

Quote from: Boris, Overlord of All Acorns. on April 16, 2009, 11:00:52 PM
Yes.

you can't put all of the blame on Obama, but you can put a fairly large chunk of it, seeing as how 4 months into his new job, this has already come up again, if not passed.
uhhh what

Jono2

Quote from: Ezlo on April 16, 2009, 11:17:47 PM
Quote from: Boris, Overlord of All Acorns. on April 16, 2009, 11:00:52 PM
Yes.

uhhh what

this order has been around for a long time.  Obama is a poopty president if putting money in the pockets of record companies is one of his priorities (which goes completely against everything he claimed to stand for).

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen