News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Started by Dawei, June 04, 2009, 09:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

HTA!

Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on July 09, 2009, 10:17:54 PM
Olimar needs more love. D:
He would if he wasn't the most easy to gimp character in the game.

FruitFlow

Quote from: HTA on July 10, 2009, 11:06:17 PM
He would if he wasn't the most easy to gimp character in the game.

I guess that's the only reason he's not S-Tier then. :(
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Cornwad

Mario can do better than that. He's not the best character out there, but I could easily seem him getting out of E tier.

Mutilator7

I remember i went to a tourney in april a month after brawl came out. I played Wario as my main and everybody was like "who plays wario?" Now look where he is..

HTA!

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 16, 2009, 09:49:55 AM
Why PT so low?  :(

While Charizard is like Bowser 2.0, Ivysaur is pretty pathetic.
Squirtle is decent, but too light.

Plus, in a real match, PT can be camped easily.
Just sit back and make a stock last 3 minutes, by then whatever Poke they are using is fatigued and doing significantly less damage. If he didn't have that fatigue thing, he would be slightly higher.

Neerb

Quote from: HTA on July 18, 2009, 04:21:03 PM
While Charizard is like Bowser 2.0, Ivysaur is pretty pathetic.
Squirtle is decent, but too light.

Plus, in a real match, PT can be camped easily.
Just sit back and make a stock last 3 minutes, by then whatever Poke they are using is fatigued and doing significantly less damage. If he didn't have that fatigue thing, he would be slightly higher.

But that fatigue thing is why you're supposed to change pokemon.  I mean, battling with three transformations is the whole point of using PT, isn't it?

Nayrman

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 18, 2009, 05:56:28 PM
But that fatigue thing is why you're supposed to change pokemon.  I mean, battling with three transformations is the whole point of using PT, isn't it?
"Good job Charizard!" *changes to Squirtle*
Falcon: "Sweet, an opening!" *charges Falcon Punch or Smash attack, etc. next to spawn point*
"Go get 'em Squirt-" *Squirtle gets killed since he spawns with no invincibility frames*
"This game's winner is... Captain Falcon!"

Neerb

Point taken.

What about Link?  I mean, yeah, he's taken a nose dive from the last game, but is he really bottom tier material?

Cornwad

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 18, 2009, 06:06:49 PM
Point taken.

What about Link?  I mean, yeah, he's taken a nose dive from the last game, but is he really bottom tier material?
His recovery isn't something to be proud about. That alone is a reason not to play as him for me. Doesn't PT have a way of switching Pokemon with significantly less lag?

HTA!

Quote from: Cornwad on July 18, 2009, 06:21:49 PM
His recovery isn't something to be proud about. That alone is a reason not to play as him for me. Doesn't PT have a way of switching Pokemon with significantly less lag?
My experience with PT is limited to Squirtle.
I don't see how you can really reduce the lag of that move in particular, I know you can sometimes powershield a move if you are fast enough.

Not sure how fast PT falls during the move, but you could pull a mid-air shift like Zelda in theory.

Best way to play PT is fast, Squirtle and Charizard both benefit from fast playing. But once you have reached that point where your attacks can't KO, you are in a sense helpless.

Nayrman

Quote from: HTA on July 18, 2009, 07:44:46 PM
My experience with PT is limited to Squirtle.
I don't see how you can really reduce the lag of that move in particular, I know you can sometimes powershield a move if you are fast enough.

Not sure how fast PT falls during the move, but you could pull a mid-air shift like Zelda in theory.

Best way to play PT is fast, Squirtle and Charizard both benefit from fast playing. But once you have reached that point where your attacks can't KO, you are in a sense helpless.
Especially Squirtle since his recovery is so darn straightforward. At least Charizard has recovery that has multiple uses.

Neerb

I don't see how PT, Ike, and Link are worse than Bowser.  Of course, I don't really play competitive.  Can someone explain?

Depster

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!