Important Poll: Read and Vote (POST COUNTS) RE-READ AND RE-VOTE

Started by Macawmoses, August 16, 2009, 02:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read Post

Do away with.
Keep.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Kilroy on August 18, 2009, 02:45:57 PM
Why are you people so against keeping it? It's an arbitrary number, it means nothing, zip, nada.

Of course, the same argument could go against the people wanting to keep it, but still, there's no real reason either way. Hell, we could make everyone have 0 posts and say nothing of it.
It gives a false sense of activity.

bluaki

Quote from: Kilroy on August 18, 2009, 02:45:57 PM
Hell, we could make everyone have 0 posts and say nothing of it.
Doing that would eliminate ranks and make nearly all users' names the same color D:

And a reason for this is similar; it will more accurately distribute the ranking post requirements.

The Riddler

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on August 18, 2009, 03:05:58 PM
It gives a false sense of activity.
Further reason to keep them.
New members will think we're active and like that.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Riddler_RAGE on August 18, 2009, 08:07:32 PM
We need to lie to users now?

The Riddler

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on August 18, 2009, 08:15:58 PM
We need to lie to users now?
It's not lying if you tell them the reasoning. We started as Nsider, and we're keeping our records from that.

Or, we could make it look like we have no activity and just let it die out quicker.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Riddler_RAGE on August 18, 2009, 08:21:25 PM
It's not lying if you tell them the reasoning. We started as Nsider, and we're keeping our records from that.

Or, we could make it look like we have no activity and just let it die out quicker.
Or we could change our name!

The Riddler

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on August 18, 2009, 08:22:15 PM
Or we could change our name!
We can do that. Whether or not you wanna keep a thread that has a legitimate point, it's true.

Even if we erase the post counts to "break our ties to Oldsider", we still have the name which keeps us attached. It's basically hypocritical to keep the name of the site as it is.

But I don't know why I'm arguing. It's gonna happen regardless. Just intercourse ing do it now. Get this poop over and done with.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Riddler_RAGE on August 18, 2009, 08:07:32 PM
Until they see that it's all a lie and we're full of poop and leave.

えっちーせんぱい

I still think the plumbers that are still around should get to pick their own rank though; but meh.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: バシャーモ-せんぱい on August 18, 2009, 10:09:15 PM
I still think the plumbers that are still around should get to pick their own rank though; but meh.
Top ranks are now available for choice though.

L10

0o!f

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Ryu on August 19, 2009, 08:37:20 PM
New name with the same acronym as NSF or NSFCD?
Neither name stands for anything anymore, plus we'd have to get a new domain, banners, etc. if we changed our name.

Kilroy

Question:

Can I get the posts of both my accounts merged if this occurs? I have 4,065 posts on my original account, and a little more than 6000 on this one. If you guys are so worried about our truthful post counts, I'd love to have my post count show how many posts I really have.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Kilroy on August 20, 2009, 12:49:02 PM
Question:

Can I get the posts of both my accounts merged if this occurs? I have 4,065 posts on my original account, and a little more than 6000 on this one. If you guys are so worried about our truthful post counts, I'd love to have my post count show how many posts I really have.
Actually we could, and this wouldn't take a lot of work.  It'd mostly be up to the other staff though.  I don't have a problem with it, but it's not within my power, so I don't know how much my opinion matters on it.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Kilroy on August 20, 2009, 12:49:02 PM
Question:

I've no problem with it, on condition your alt is banned (sans use for events) and dropped to 0 posts.