News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

Started by DededeCloneChris, January 22, 2010, 03:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When are you getting this game?

The day of the release
Later
Never
What is this game, anyway?

DededeCloneChris

If crossover games didn't exist, this game wouldn't have to exist, which would be very sad.

Then again, we screw it with the proof this game does exist.

The game's about to be released this month (Jan. 26) and it's getting me excited. Personally, I've never played a normal fighting game, but once I saw this game, it got me thrilled.

Are you going to get this game the day of the release? Please discuss your thoughts. ;)

Nayrman

I'm picking up that and No More Heroes 2 next Friday. Yay

SkyMyl

Nayrman

Quote from: Blue on January 22, 2010, 04:42:17 PM
Poor teenager
+
Busted Wii
=
No go

But it's Ryu and Zero vs. Ken the Eagle and Yatterman... BUY IT ANYWAY! **am I the only one who knows who Yatterman is anyway?**

I love how IGN took some points off for the unknown characters. Fuck you IGN, it's not their fault you're not Japanese. Besides, I'm sure the Japanese totally drools over the fact that guys like the Juggernaut and such were in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, so screw you.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on January 22, 2010, 04:59:36 PM
But it's Ryu and Zero vs. Ken the Eagle and Yatterman... BUY IT ANYWAY! **am I the only one who knows who Yatterman is anyway?**

I love how IGN took some points off for the unknown characters. Fuck you IGN, it's not their fault you're not Japanese. Besides, I'm sure the Japanese totally drools over the fact that guys like the Juggernaut and such were in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, so screw you.
I'll get it eventually...when I stop being such a dumbass and send my Wii in.
You'll stop being a dumbass when you learn to conserve money and buy that PS3 you want.

And to IGN, IT'S A CROSSOVER GAME BETWEEN AN ANIMATION COMPANY AND A THIRD PARTY GAMING COMPANY. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, SPEED RACER?

Nayrman

Quote from: Blue on January 22, 2010, 05:20:51 PM
I'll get it eventually...when I stop being such a dumbass and send my Wii in.
You'll stop being a dumbass when you learn to conserve money and buy that PS3 you want.

And to IGN, IT'S A CROSSOVER GAME BETWEEN AN ANIMATION COMPANY AND A THIRD PARTY GAMING COMPANY. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, SPEED RACER?
Actually Tatsunoko DID do Mach Go Go Go (the japanese name of Speed Racer), so having Speed in the game was a distinct possibility...

Qsmash

Speed didn't make the cut because they said that Speed would be boring outside of the Mach 5, and they didn't want to pull a Captain Falcon.

Also, I'm getting this on release.

Spud

SkyMyl

Quote from: Green on January 22, 2010, 08:46:56 PM
Why is Frank West in this? :|
He's Frank West. He did such a good job at being Frank West, that the only remaining conclusion was to give him a slot in Capcom's crossover fighter.

Nayrman

Quote from: Qsmash on January 22, 2010, 08:00:31 PM
Speed didn't make the cut because they said that Speed would be boring outside of the Mach 5, and they didn't want to pull a Captain Falcon.

Also, I'm getting this on release.

But, it's Speed FUCKING Racer. Probably the most famous anime character outside of Japan not named Goku... and even then he might be more famous.
Pulling a captain falcon my ass, ROLL is in this game. She's done zip to nothing in the main Megaman games... besides clean and run the shop. So yea, won't work my ass.

Qsmash

I would also like to note that roll fights using a broom and a bucket of water.

TBH, I can't really think of a moveset for Speed Racer.

SkyMyl

I just realized, doesn't this have online?

Nayrman

Quote from: Qsmash on January 23, 2010, 10:56:08 AM
I would also like to note that roll fights using a broom and a bucket of water.

TBH, I can't really think of a moveset for Speed Racer.
If they could make one for Roll, I'm sure as hell they can think of one for an able bodied racer. (Hm, I seem to recall another racing character that "couldn't fight since he never left his car" being in a fighting game)

Qsmash

Quote from: Blue on January 23, 2010, 12:28:04 PM
I just realized, doesn't this have online?
Yes

Quote from: Nayrman on January 23, 2010, 12:59:10 PM
If they could make one for Roll, I'm sure as hell they can think of one for an able bodied racer. (Hm, I seem to recall another racing character that "couldn't fight since he never left his car" being in a fighting game)
It's like one of those things you can't believe until you see it happen. Like before Smash bros., I couldn't think of what kind of fighting style the Capt. would have.

Macawmoses

I get a review copy, albeit the day of release. So yeah, definitely looking forward to it.