News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

Started by DededeCloneChris, January 22, 2010, 03:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When are you getting this game?

The day of the release
Later
Never
What is this game, anyway?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on January 28, 2010, 11:15:00 AM
Anyone have any tips on countering PTX? I've been playing online and I've played at least ten matches, and every single one of my opponents used PTX. His Hyper Combos do insane damage and break through your guard, so there really isn't much you can do considering the faggots just spam the HCs.
Oh god, you too? I just fought a fight, but that thing obliterated my characters soon.

And unfortunately, I don't know how to counter that thing. G-Lightan is much easier to defeat to me, but the mecha is just insane...well, in the hands of expert players...

Gamree

Both giants are overpowered in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, but especially PTX.  Even noobs could pwn with him.  First time I played as PTX through Arcade mode, his final score topped my score ranking list, and none of my team combos have yet to beat that score.  Really would have appreciated it if they hadn't allowed the use of either char online, or at least tweaked them a bit more in order to balance them out.

Unfortunately, don't really know a counter to fighting him, either.  Only thing that's worked for me in the past is a Super Jump over their HC, but seeing how someone could easily combo you into it, you probably won't get that chance very often...

Cornwad

I play as Gold Lightan. PTX is never a problem for me.

But I would recommend lots of superjumping, grab teching, and using characters with beam moves. The giants are really the worst characters in the game if you know what to do against them. PTX's supers are jokes as long as you block high.

Qsmash

I don't have the game, but you could try some grapple supers with Frank or Alex.

Zero

Quote from: Cornwad on January 28, 2010, 01:09:24 PM
I play as Gold Lightan. PTX is never a problem for me.

But I would recommend lots of superjumping, grab teching, and using characters with beam moves. The giants are really the worst characters in the game if you know what to do against them. PTX's supers are jokes as long as you block high.

I main Zero as my first and Tekkaman/MegaMan/Ryu as my 2nd character. I always get close to beating him but PTX's damage output is crazy. I already superjump like hell but I guess I'll try using Alex as my second, to see if it helps.

Cornwad

The things that annoy me most when playing as a giant are characters who throw you and characters who play keep away. Now that I think about it, you might want to try Saki.

Also, everyone who has the game should exchange friend codes. Mine is 3910-8922-8255

Nayrman

*grumbles at the Wii for forcing you to connect instead of letting you use the browser to log into a network so I can't play online intercourse ing lazy ass Nintendo can't even get their log in's right mother intercourse ers*

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on January 28, 2010, 08:06:23 PM
*grumbles at the Wii for forcing you to connect instead of letting you use the browser to log into a network so I can't play online intercourse ing lazy ass Nintendo can't even get their log in's right mother intercourse ers*
So...I can infer you have a bad connection?

Somebody should make a thread with FCs.

Nayrman

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on January 28, 2010, 08:37:38 PM
So...I can infer you have a bad connection?

Somebody should make a thread with FCs.
more like we have fantastic internet, but you have to log into a network to connect, and since NIntendo's terrible little white box forces you to connect before it'll do anything online (even the browser), it can't get online here on campus. Meanwhile all PS3's and 360's on campus get lighting fast internet. Again, intercourse  Nintendo.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on January 29, 2010, 06:28:51 AM
more like we have fantastic internet, but you have to log into a network to connect, and since NIntendo's terrible little white box forces you to connect before it'll do anything online (even the browser), it can't get online here on campus. Meanwhile all PS3's and 360's on campus get lighting fast internet. Again, intercourse  Nintendo.
Oh well.

So, did anybody play online to get higher ranks? I currently have 150 points.

Cornwad

I'm still working on getting Yatterman-2. I'll play more online once I've finished unlocking.

X-3

Got it. I am terrible at this game.

Just unlocked Frank West.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: X-3 on January 29, 2010, 07:02:52 PM

Use the manual, and use Training Mode.

Really, they both help a lot. Trust me.

Nayrman

Quote from: X-3 on January 29, 2010, 07:02:52 PM

The "vs. Capcom" series take a while to get used to. I'll probably suck at it at first since I haven't played any in a LONG ass time.

X-3

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on January 29, 2010, 07:26:33 PM
Use the manual, and use Training Mode.

Really, they both help a lot. Trust me.

I read the manual and tried Training Mode before starting the game. I think it put me in a better situation that I would have been otherwise. I'll probably continue to use them as I grow more used to the game.

I'm getting somewhat better. I've unlocked everyone, and I tried a Wi-Fi match. I didn't do that badly, but I'd say my first opponent was a much better player.