No way man! lucario sux
4 (19%)
God, replace pichu, PLEASE!
7 (33.3%)
Lucario, who dat?
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

thunderhero4

I think hes gonna fill the last spot on the dojo, but he wont be the last altogether, more will be in final game.

Dei Enyt

No.  Lucrappyo is insanely overrated, and would be better off in a Pokeball (at best)

Nils_13

I think chances are, Lucario will be playable.

Tupin

I really would rather see Ridley or Captain olimar. ::) Besides, what was that Grass-based Pokemon that people hoped to be playable but turned out to be a Pokeball?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nils_13

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 03, 2007, 11:28:36 AM
I really would rather see Ridley or Captain olimar. ::) Besides, what was that Grass-based Pokemon that people hoped to be playable but turned out to be a Pokeball?
Celebi?

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 03, 2007, 11:28:36 AM
uh, there where no grass type pokemon........Gardevoir is psychic,

Lucario has good chances IMO he has about everything going for him
Popularity
Anime significence
Competitive significance
Game significance
all at once.

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Tupin

Gardevoir had good chances, but sadly, he was a Pokeball. Lucario has a pretty good chance.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nils_13

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 03, 2007, 11:38:33 AM
Gardevoir had good chances, but sadly, he was a Pokeball. Lucario has a pretty good chance.
The best thing Gardevoir had going was her lead role in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Japanese popularity (I think).

Avion-Finch

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Lotos on November 03, 2007, 11:43:05 AM
Quote from: Avion-Finch on November 03, 2007, 11:41:11 AM
Quote from: Lotos on November 03, 2007, 11:39:44 AM
Please replace Pichu D:
with a better 2nd gen pokemon? yes
That's a better idea :)

Gligar, Granbull, Scizor was a Pokeball, why not now a playable?

*Avion, make a thread on this if you haven't*
I see either Typhlosion or Tyranitar, especially tyranitar, because of its huge competitive influence.
(I did make a thread about the second gen, its back a few pages)

Nils_13

I think Blissey would be a funny 2nd gen rep.

Dei Enyt

Quote from: Avion-Finch on November 03, 2007, 11:34:06 AM

Alright, lets break everything down in your logic, then.

QuotePopularity
Then why do people want Pichu out?  In case you didn't know, Japan has a favoritism for the insanely cute, which is why there were probably a hundred Pikachu and Jigglypuff fanclubs before the anime was even announced.  I'm sure a cutie-pie like Pichu has at least half as many fanclubs in Japan.

QuoteAnime significence
Significant?  I'm guessing this is another "BEKUZ HE WUZ N DA MOOVEEEE!!11!" argument, which I'm tired of seeing.  The movies have little to nothing to do with the games as a whole.  If movies played any sort of significance in games, Mario and Luigi would sound like New Yorkers and Luigi would be a teenager.

As for the anime itself, it has only a couple things to do with the games.  Pokemon and gyms.  Plus, if Lucario was so important to Sinnoh, I'd think he'd play a much larger role in the series than being in the opening credits.

QuoteCompetitive significance
He's got Steel, which is arguably the worst offensive type in the game.  Heck, he's even weak against his own sub-type, Fighting.  Instead of being defensive against Psychic, his fighting weakness makes it normally effective, which is still a big blow, considering.  It also does that for Flying types.  Moving on, he's weak against fire and ground, two more very common types.

Lets look at the offensive advantages for Fighting and Steel, now:
Fighting has:
Normal
Rock
Steel
Ice
Dark

Steel has:
Rock
Ice

The type combo does nothing to boost his offensive ability, which is what Fighting types rely on.

QuoteGame significance
So he was on a Gym Leader's team and a Champion's team.  I don't see people wanting Dragonite or Spiritomb playable, and they were BOTH on champion teams.

There you go, there's the holes in your logic.  With those "advantages", more or less any Pokemon could be playable.

Lucrappyo's too darn overrated, and I'd personally rather have Metapod as playable.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Dei Enyt on November 03, 2007, 12:12:27 PM
Quote from: Avion-Finch on November 03, 2007, 11:34:06 AM

Alright, lets break everything down in your logic, then.

QuotePopularity
Then why do people want Pichu out?  In case you didn't know, Japan has a favoritism for the insanely cute, which is why there were probably a hundred Pikachu and Jigglypuff fanclubs before the anime was even announced.  I'm sure a cutie-pie like Pichu has at least half as many fanclubs in Japan.

QuoteAnime significence
Significant?  I'm guessing this is another "BEKUZ HE WUZ N DA MOOVEEEE!!11!" argument, which I'm tired of seeing.  The movies have little to nothing to do with the games as a whole.  If movies played any sort of significance in games, Mario and Luigi would sound like New Yorkers and Luigi would be a teenager.

As for the anime itself, it has only a couple things to do with the games.  Pokemon and gyms.  Plus, if Lucario was so important to Sinnoh, I'd think he'd play a much larger role in the series than being in the opening credits.

QuoteCompetitive significance
He's got Steel, which is arguably the worst offensive type in the game.  Heck, he's even weak against his own sub-type, Fighting.  Instead of being defensive against Psychic, his fighting weakness makes it normally effective, which is still a big blow, considering.  It also does that for Flying types.  Moving on, he's weak against fire and ground, two more very common types.

Lets look at the offensive advantages for Fighting and Steel, now:
Fighting has:
Normal
Rock
Steel
Ice
Dark

Steel has:
Rock
Ice

The type combo does nothing to boost his offensive ability, which is what Fighting types rely on.

QuoteGame significance
So he was on a Gym Leader's team and a Champion's team.  I don't see people wanting Dragonite or Spiritomb playable, and they were BOTH on champion teams.

There you go, there's the holes in your logic.  With those "advantages", more or less any Pokemon could be playable.

Lucrappyo's too dang overrated, and I'd personally rather have Metapod as playable.
you have no understanding of competitive pokemon play, the reason Lucario is so high tier is because his movepool is HUGE and it has good stats to back those up, steel isnt supposed to be an offensive type either, its a pure defensive type, thats why flying types and psychic types arent as good against lucario as they are in other fighting types, also, the reason Dragonite wouldnt work is because the 1st gen has so many other pokemon that are more important, also, Lucario was one of the first 4th gen pokemon reveiled, and was a very rare pokemon, heck some people even thought it was legandary.

Dei Enyt

But is it legendary?  No.

And if being legendary makes any sort of difference, explain Deoxys. ^_^

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Dei Enyt on November 03, 2007, 12:21:31 PM
But is it legendary?  No.

And if being legendary makes any sort of difference, explain Deoxys. ^_^
look at mewtwo, ok that was dumb sorry, let me continue though

You ask why, if popularity matters, why pichu is wanted out, here is the reason, he's only popular in japan, the US, doesnt love him like Japan does, Lucario however, has equal popularity, throughout, America AND Japan.